Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Olympus 45mm Price Increase / International Version

Its good for pics or if youre doing video inspections but its not that great you see the video woble and it amplifies the jello effect. Still a nice lens but not for everyday use imo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: SanCap
International version arrived today. Great lens, can't wait to get it up in the air. Played with a bit with my EPL-7, very nice.

Got the 45mm this week for what roughly equals to $299 here in Norway.
Got some nice photos when covering an Oil Rig being towed into a dock.
Much of the video was wobbly but I it was pretty windy so I would expect it to work better on a calm day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Got the 45mm this week for what roughly equals to $299 here in Norway.
Got some nice photos when covering an Oil Rig being towed into a dock.
Much of the video was wobbly but I it was pretty windy so I would expect it to work better on a calm day.
Its always gonna be wobly.

Reactions: SanCap
International version arrived today. Great lens, can't wait to get it up in the air. Played with a bit with my EPL-7, very nice.

If you're in the USA, could you please confirm that the International Version of this 45mm lens works on your X5S camera? If so, I'm gunna buy one too!

If you're in the USA, could you please confirm that the International Version of this 45mm lens works on your X5S camera? If so, I'm gunna buy one too!
If I am correct the only difference within the U.S is the International version has no warranty nor can you get it serviced at an official repair center

If I am correct the only difference within the U.S is the International version has no warranty nor can you get it serviced at an official repair center

I can confirm that the international version of this lens works fine on my Inspire 2 X5S (based on ground tests, at least - it's raining here). Nice lens!

One oddity - or perhaps feature of the camera/gimbal: gimbal control is much slower than with the stock 15mm that came with X5S attached, but given the narrow field of view of the 45mm, I'm glad it's slower!

Will

I can confirm that the international version of this lens works fine on my Inspire 2 X5S (based on ground tests, at least - it's raining here). Nice lens!

One oddity - or perhaps feature of the camera/gimbal: gimbal control is much slower than with the stock 15mm that came with X5S attached, but given the narrow field of view of the 45mm, I'm glad it's slower!

Will

How and where did you slow it down? My 45mm is too fast on yawing and leads the the video jumping too many frames. It's fine back and forth and side to side, but the yawing is terrible and probably too fast.

It is sharp though for stills. Much sharper than the X4S camera is too.

How and where did you slow it down? My 45mm is too fast on yawing and leads the the video jumping too many frames. It's fine back and forth and side to side, but the yawing is terrible and probably too fast.

It is sharp though for stills. Much sharper than the X4S camera is too.
I simply connected the lens to my X5S (no configuration steps, no switches, just put the lens on the camera) and it moved much slower than the stock 15mm that came with the camera.

One thing: In the X5S manual there is a section talking about the balancing rings needed for each lens type. I wonder if the 45mm is simply not properly balanced for the X5S and therefore it performs slower as a result. I'll have to check the balance tomorrow to see if that may be the case...

Will

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz