Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New X5R Footage

Reaction score
Here's some new footage that appears to be from the X5R. Wanted to post it on here for everyone to see. If some of the more critical users could comment on the quality that would be great.

To my eye, that looks pretty terrible. I am guessing that somebody found a LUT pack, and picked "Golden Hour", or "Midwestern Autumn".

One would suppose that the creator, or the client (if commercial), probably liked it; we all have different interpretations as to what we like or don't like.

Reactions: Predator
That footage looks impressive at first glance, plenty of detail in the darks too

That Youtube video looks like garbage. Thanks for the line on those DNGs though I am downloading them now... Finally can see some actual RAW images, albeit in one setting presumably well-lit.

EDIT: Just looked at the ProRes shots. Wow that waterfall one is brutal for a camera sporting these specs. Waaaay too much noise in the dark spots.

I am beginning to doubt if this camera is going to be all its cracked up to be... Fine we have 1.7 Gbps, but if I can't shoot above 200 ISO then what's the point?

Last edited:
Reactions: Predator
That Youtube video looks like garbage. Thanks for the line on those DNGs though I am downloading them now... Finally can see some actual RAW images, albeit in one setting presumably well-lit.

EDIT: Just looked at the ProRes shots. Wow that waterfall one is brutal for a camera sporting these specs. Waaaay too much noise in the dark spots.

I am beginning to doubt if this camera is going to be all its cracked up to be... Fine we have 1.7 Gbps, but if I can't shoot above 200 ISO then what's the point?
MFT cant ask for too much...

Again, Canon or Sony with a professional codec would be able to blow this quality (or lack of it) out of the water even at 75mbps.
It shows again it's not just about sampling rate. Even if DJI used SRMemory at $10,000 a terabyte and pushed to 5.5gbps (which SRM can support) the results would still be below expectations. It's just DJI's lack of understanding and expertise in this field.

Gh4 is still bad in low light...
Check the footage at 1:08 - 6400 ISO.
Yea it's a crappy wannabe video camera, but if I can get those results at ISO 6400 I would expect to be able to get useable footage at a quarter that ISO on a similarly spec'd MFT camera

Reactions: ianwood
GH4 does a pretty good job in low light considering the format. Meanwhile, the X5 is downright awful in low light. ISO 6400? You can barely make use of ISO 800 on the X5.

DJI is prancing around announcing the X5R and meanwhile the original X5 still doesn't work. What a joke!

Reactions: gruvpix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz