Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New X5 came with a Crack

Reaction score
I just bought my X5 as part of a kit off of Amazon from (deleted by OP). The package arrived a day before the Inspire did, so I haven't even had it out of the box - and it definitely hasn't seen any airtime. Has anyone else had this happen to them or had one arrive like this ? It has 3 screws and appears to only be a cover, but it concerns me that I just dropped 2K+ and it arrived like this. There is also a crack on the other side of this same cover.

Otherside.jpg Zen-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm.. tough one. I know that piece does nothing, I have replaced mine, but if that is cracked there may be other issues from transport. I'd probably send it back if you're not in a rush to use it. If you are I would just leave it and see if everything else performs well. If so then nothing to worry about

Hmm.. tough one. I know that piece does nothing, I have replaced mine, but if that is cracked there may be other issues from transport. I'd probably send it back if you're not in a rush to use it. If you are I would just leave it and see if everything else performs well. If so then nothing to worry about

Thanks for the reply. I'm in contact with the seller now trying to figure out how difficult they're going to make it send it back. I'm willing to slow down, test it on the aircraft and see if anything else is broken. Would you mind telling me where you found the replacement part ?

Thanks for the reply. I'm in contact with the seller now trying to figure out how difficult they're going to make it send it back. I'm willing to slow down, test it on the aircraft and see if anything else is broken. Would you mind telling me where you found the replacement part ?
I didn't actually replace it with the stock cap, I replaced it with a 3D printed part that is slimmer than the stock cap so that I can use the X5 on my Osmo handle, so not really much help there!

I just bought my X5 as part of a kit off of Amazon from SSE. The package arrived a day before the Inspire did, so I haven't even had it out of the box - and it definitely hasn't seen any airtime. Has anyone else had this happen to them or had one arrive like this ? It has 3 screws and appears to only be a cover, but it concerns me that I just dropped 2K+ and it arrived like this. There is also a crack on the other side of this same cover.

View attachment 7172 View attachment 7171
May well be an over torqued screw on that cover which has deformed it and cracked.
If it was mine I would return it but obviously your call.

I just bought my X5 as part of a kit off of Amazon from SSE. The package arrived a day before the Inspire did, so I haven't even had it out of the box - and it definitely hasn't seen any airtime. Has anyone else had this happen to them or had one arrive like this ? It has 3 screws and appears to only be a cover, but it concerns me that I just dropped 2K+ and it arrived like this. There is also a crack on the other side of this same cover.

View attachment 7172 View attachment 7171
Definitely return it!!!

Reactions: zoltanh and jixxer
If you aren't successful in returning it don't be worried. It is merely a sight shield and only for appearance. It in no way will effect the function of the camera.

Its a very common crack and it really doesnt effect anything other than cosmetic. Most will end up cracking there eventually.

Just an update. The Vendor basically told me I could kiss their backsides - that it was DJI's problem. A previous email through Amazon from them offered a refund, but a direct phone call to line up a return got me told that I was SOL. They suggested I had dropped it or it was pilot error. I had opened it at my desk.. nice and slow and without incident - and it couldn't have been pilot error, because the Inspire didn't arrive until late this afternoon. They told me to contact DJI. DJI said the Vendor was shirking their responsibility because they sold me faulty equipment. DJI is checking on selling me the part.

I finally got every everything charged and updated and installed extensions and then the camera. I turned on the bird and there was a high pitched vibration. I was sick. I turned it off, and back on - toggled the gimbal's pitch and yaw a couple of times and it stopped. Flew it for about 10 minutes in my floodlit back yard.. still no noise and a couple of nice pictures. It is under warranty, so DJI can fix it if a problem does arise. In the meantime, I'm going to report this vendor to Amazon. There were other concern's with this camera like scratches on the finish and the rubber being torn where the connection to the Inspire.

What really bothers me is that I KNOW that I did nothing to cause any of this damage. I own my mistakes. I KNOW that they either sent me a returned item, dropped it themselves (it had been opened when I got it), or it was damaged in shipping. I guess they have been burnt so many times, they have no tolerance for even a legitimate complaint. Thanks for the replies. This inspire is nice. A big difference from the P3P.

Last edited:
Hello EyeinStein, I am very sorry to hear what happened to you. The people that sold this to you are definitely not up to speed on what customer satisfaction is all about. Never I repeat Never!!! just pass on the problem until you have done a thorough investigation and exhausted all avenues to get the issue resolved. From time to time we open things that are just DOA or damaged. DJI takes care of us in that instance. Why would the people who sold it to you not try to rectify the situation. Any dealer who has been in business for a while should have some of these parts laying around. Enough ranting on my part, I just hate to see things like this happen, I always try to take care of my customers if at all possible without dealing with DJI directly. It is much more pleasant for the customer if the dealer can just get things fixed or figured out to say the least. I would like to help you out if you still need it. I have the piece you need and would gladly ship it to you tomorrow if needed. I know this is only for appearances but it would drive me nuts to say the least. If you are still in need of the part just give me a call @ 270-473-1409 or email me at [email protected]. I want to say I don't know the company who sold this product to you but this wouldn't fly at FlyHighUSA. Call, text or email us and let us get this taken care of for you. Thanks sir!!!

Reactions: The Editor
Hello EyeinStein, I am very sorry to hear what happened to you. The people that sold this to you are definitely not up to speed on what customer satisfaction is all about. Never I repeat Never!!! just pass on the problem until you have done a thorough investigation and exhausted all avenues to get the issue resolved. From time to time we open things that are just DOA or damaged. DJI takes care of us in that instance. Why would the people who sold it to you not try to rectify the situation. Any dealer who has been in business for a while should have some of these parts laying around. Enough ranting on my part, I just hate to see things like this happen, I always try to take care of my customers if at all possible without dealing with DJI directly. It is much more pleasant for the customer if the dealer can just get things fixed or figured out to say the least. I would like to help you out if you still need it. I have the piece you need and would gladly ship it to you tomorrow if needed. I know this is only for appearances but it would drive me nuts to say the least. If you are still in need of the part just give me a call @ 270-473-1409 or email me at [email protected]. I want to say I don't know the company who sold this product to you but this wouldn't fly at FlyHighUSA. Call, text or email us and let us get this taken care of for you. Thanks sir!!!

Thank you for your reply. After letting them know I was notifying Amazon, they offered to TRY to replace it. Honestly though, they've burnt the trust bridge. If you could see this gimbal, you would probably have your doubts about it really being brand new.

I will be in touch for the part, and if the gimbal acts up or starts making that awful noise again, I guess I'll just have DJI fix it. Thanks again.

Thank you for your reply. After letting them know I was notifying Amazon, they offered to TRY to replace it. Honestly though, they've burnt the trust bridge. If you could see this gimbal, you would probably have your doubts about it really being brand new.

I will be in touch for the part, and if the gimbal acts up or starts making that awful noise again, I guess I'll just have DJI fix it. Thanks again.

Yeah it sounds sketchy to me. Anything I can do to help just give me call. (270)473-1409

So this is what it sounded and looked like from another angle. Obviously, the gimbal has issues. No matter how I calibrate, I cannot get a good focus or picture. The video quality is worse than my P3P.

If you quoted me on this thread and named the vendor, please be aware I have removed their name. After listening to the possible scenarios from an approved DJI vendor, I am going to allow that the real scumbag could have been a person who crashed the drone and returned the camera for a refund - without admitting he had damaged it. A cursory glance by an untrained eye - coupled with the inability to check the camera on a drone before shipping - could now be a costly lesson for a business owner. Amazon has promised to correct the mistake either way. I just want a NEW working camera and no hard feelings.

Peace out. A salute to Kentucky.

So this is what it sounded and looked like from another angle. Obviously, the gimbal has issues. No matter how I calibrate, I cannot get a good focus or picture. The video quality is worse than my P3P.

If you quoted me on this thread and named the vendor, please be aware I have removed their name. After listening to the possible scenarios from an approved DJI vendor, I am going to allow that the real scumbag could have been a person who crashed the drone and returned the camera for a refund - without admitting he had damaged it. A cursory glance by an untrained eye - coupled with the inability to check the camera on a drone before shipping - could now be a costly lesson for a business owner. Amazon has promised to correct the mistake either way. I just want a NEW working camera and no hard feelings.

Peace out. A salute to Kentucky.

Yep that noise is coming from your Gimbal motor, sounds like a brush issue. Mine had it when I panned it left. Sent straight back and sorted.

On a side note I have just started buying my things from Ralph @FlyHighUSA and he has been the most helpful guy I have very done business with.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham