Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New Territory - Advice Needed

Reaction score
I've been a commercial helicopter pilot since 2008 (Texas) and have flown under both a 135 Charter and small private operations (cattle, spraying, photography, etc).

Currently I am under a 135 charter for Air Med and hold a class A medical.

I have asked around through the FBO in Hoston and keep getting mixed answers. I sent an email to the FFA around three weeks ago but good luck getting back!

I use to do side contract work for photography flights for a buddy who owned his own R22.

I was wondering if I would still need a 333 excemption since I am already a commercially licensed pilot? Mainly just looking to do some photography / post work. I already do it for a hobby and have had some local interest, however I want to be 100% legal.

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks!

I've been a commercial helicopter pilot since 2008 (Texas) and have flown under both a 135 Charter and small private operations (cattle, spraying, photography, etc).

I have asked around through the FBO in Hoston and keep getting mixed answers. I sent an email to the FFA around three weeks ago but good luck getting back!

I use to do side contract work for photography flights for a buddy who owned his own R22.

I was wondering if I would still need a 333 excemption since I am already a commercially licensed pilot? Mainly just looking to do some photography / post work. I already do it for a hobby and have had some local interest, however I want to be 100% legal.

Thanks!
Any time you are going to use a UAS for commercial purposes you will need a 333 exemption. You should be fine with your current license and medical card but you still need to get the 333.

Reactions: CaptainBadge

Thanks!
Not only do you need a 333 but your pilots license is required too. Go figure.

Thanks!

The 333 Exemtion covers more than just the PIC. It also exempts the USAS (drone) from having to have an Airworthiness Certificate, Flight Manual onboard, Full Size N Numbers, Dual Controls, Fuel requirements etc.

The 333 Exemtion covers more than just the PIC. It also exempts the USAS (drone) from having to have an Airworthiness Certificate, Flight Manual onboard, Full Size N Numbers, Dual Controls, Fuel requirements etc.
The person allying needs to remember that if they want to be exempt from a rule they need to include it in their exemptions otherwise they will not be exempt from it. This is for things like airworthiness. My local FSDO showed me one the other day that's NOT exempt from airworthiness because they didn't ask for it. FYI....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens