Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 600 Pro D-RTK won't take off

Reaction score
Hello all,

I work at a quarry and we use a Matrice 600 Pro with a Zenmuse X5 to do our aerial surveying. We recently aquired a first gen DJI D-RTK system to increase the accuracy of our surveys. I installed the hardware and activated all peices in assistant 2, but when we try and fly it the drone will not take off. All of the lights on both the ground and air systems are showing green, but when we take press the fly button in ground station it just sits there. There is no loss of connection and the ground station app does not flash any kind of error. If we unhook the power cable from the air station the drone will fly just fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!

Hello all,

I work at a quarry and we use a Matrice 600 Pro with a Zenmuse X5 to do our aerial surveying. We recently aquired a first gen DJI D-RTK system to increase the accuracy of our surveys. I installed the hardware and activated all peices in assistant 2, but when we try and fly it the drone will not take off. All of the lights on both the ground and air systems are showing green, but when we take press the fly button in ground station it just sits there. There is no loss of connection and the ground station app does not flash any kind of error. If we unhook the power cable from the air station the drone will fly just fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!

2 things:

1) Are you sure you're waiting long enough for satellite acquisition? The RTK may have a different standard than the GLONASS system.

2) Did you try using CSC to start the motors??

D

2 things:

1) Are you sure you're waiting long enough for satellite acquisition? The RTK may have a different standard than the GLONASS system.

2) Did you try using CSC to start the motors??

D
I think we are waiting long enough, I ended up standing around waiting for it to take off for several minutes after all everything was connected. I forgot about CSC though, will try that today.

I think we are waiting long enough, I ended up standing around waiting for it to take off for several minutes after all everything was connected. I forgot about CSC though, will try that today.

Also, I experienced some buggyness with the Go 4 and GS Pro apps that I was able to circumvent by simply taking off sans apps. In other words, the apps were actually sand-bagging my M600 Pro. So give that a shot, too.

D

Hello all,

Hi, This is an old post... did you get the operation to take off corrected?

Also curious on the RTK... DJI M600Pro RTK to my understanding wasn’t to improve mapping & survey accuracy like most RTK systems. It was designed for stability of the craft around high magnetic or compass failures, such as high voltage power line inspections.

If still around, would like to hear your outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hi, This is an old post... did you get the operation to take off corrected?

Also curious on the RTK... DJI M600Pro RTK to my understanding wasn’t to improve mapping & survey accuracy like most RTK systems. It was designed for stability of the craft around high magnetic or compass failures, such as high voltage power line inspections.

If still around, would like to hear your outcome.
Per the DJI spec's, the maximum operating temperature of the M600 Pro is 104 degrees Fahrenheit. I had similar troubles when working in the summer heat. The UAV would fly normally first thing in the morning and then a few hours later after the sun came out and heated things up, the M600 connected to the RC, but would not take off. I flew a Phantom 4 Pro with a DJI Pilot mission in the summer heat and it took off OK, but took only 1/10th of the photographs that had been planned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz