Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

MATRICE 600 and wind

I can say it's a stable beast in windy conditions, haven't actually bothered to check the wind speed.
Where the Inspire drops its shoulder into a good wind and bounces around the M600 just sits there.
Its a pleasure to fly, I have an Inspire 1 (x3 - z3 - x5r) and a Mavic Pro. to compare it with.
Despite it's size, it is my bird of choice.

The latest Go App seems to have introduced a pile of issues from poor to loss of Video Signal to the app freezing or crashing.
Checking to see if the DBSMod guys have an antenna mod to improve signal. I installed on on my I1 ...huge improvement in video quality and control signal.

I have just fitted a Ronin-MX, but I am thinking I was better off with the z3 and x5r gimbal set-up for flight time (38 mins approx using TD48's) and ease of use.
I have tried the Litchi app on Android but it doesn't support the video out from the Ext port which the z3- x5r run on.
This is strictly an IOS option on Litchi at the moment.
The Ronin runs over the Light-bridge 2 connection, but connecting a DSLR and running it is a whole adventure on its own.

A must have is the Hex Charger ... 6 batteries charged and ready to go in about 80 minutes, but two sets minimum required realistically.

You do have to plan to go flying with it, given its size. - Think Van - Small truck etc. for moving it around.
The case ( 750 mm or 30" cube) just squeezes into my Subaru station wagon.

One thing I have noticed with the M600 is that people regard you as a serious pilot when they see the bird, not one of those pesky Drone guys the media loves to bleat on about.
I have only had one bad experience with the M600, and he was a whack job (think tin foil hat) so he doesn't count in my book.

Its supposed to be windy here over the weekend, I will try and get a bit of video of it in action beside the I1.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
David

Reactions: niki
Hi LP,
After the cyclone blew through on the 12 - 15th we have had calm weather.
First major cyclone in 40 yrs. Caused major flooding through most of the country.

I was out today - it's autumn here and only a light breeze 3 - 4 ms. and 19 C ... better than our summer was.
I got all three lined up, you can see the scale of the machines and how they handle a light breeze.

Cheers,
DavidDSC00211.jpg

That's a great shot, David . Quite a fleet you have. Is that a Solo on the far left? Thanks for the reply. The police department is finalizing their choice and it looks like it is going to be an M600 with dual sensors (Z30 + XT640x512 30Hz), built by a local DJI dealer. Can't wait to get my hands on it...

The one on the left is a Mavic Pro. looks more like a bug compared to the M600.

I would be interested in the dual system for the M600 as well if you ever get an idea of the cost.

Lucky you getting to play with that piece of machinery....

I have a client that may go down that track ... or possibly the M210.

But given the time it takes DJI to fully expand - add the necessary features required it could take at least a year for the M210 to be fully operational.

And then there will the next great thing.

The one on the left is a Mavic Pro. looks more like a bug compared to the M600.

I would be interested in the dual system for the M600 as well if you ever get an idea of the cost.

Lucky you getting to play with that piece of machinery....

I have a client that may go down that track ... or possibly the M210.

But given the time it takes DJI to fully expand - add the necessary features required it could take at least a year for the M210 to be fully operational.

And then there will the next great thing.
Anyone can explain why a P4P is rated at maximum wind resistance of 10/ms but the 600 is 8/ms?
I own both but this seems counterintuitive. 600 can handle wind better than the P4P....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens