Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

**Matrice 30 Series - MASSIVE PRICE DROP FROM DJI***

Yeah I read that. A lot of steps for a simple POI maneuver.

Thank you.
I know right. I've just had to bite the bullet and do my POIs manually using the 2 stick maneuver. I had to practice it so much to pass my Canadian Advanced Drone flight review that I just got used to doing it without using the fancy options available when flying my Mavic 3.
It's annoying that as we go up in capability, complexity and power, we have diminished options for auto maneuvers.

I know right. I've just had to bite the bullet and do my POIs manually using the 2 stick maneuver. I had to practice it so much to pass my Canadian Advanced Drone flight review that I just got used to doing it without using the fancy options available when flying my Mavic 3.
It's annoying that as we go up in capability, complexity and power, we have diminished options for auto maneuvers.
I've been at this since 2015 and sometimes DJI just blows my mind. You'd think that when their engineers sit down to create the next best thing, they take a look at what the operators like and want and improve on it. However, it looks like every time they start from scratch. Why would they not include a POI mode for a drone allegedly built for Public Safety agencies (the P4P has it). Not like a police or fire department will ever have a need to hover about a scene, right? DUH.

Reactions: Wanderlost
I've been at this since 2015 and sometimes DJI just blows my mind. You'd think that when their engineers sit down to create the next best thing, they take a look at what the operators like and want and improve on it. However, it looks like every time they start from scratch. Why would they not include a POI mode for a drone allegedly built for Public Safety agencies (the P4P has it). Not like a police or fire department will ever have a need to hover about a scene, right? DUH.
Exactly! How many inspections require an orbit? Water towers, antennas, buildings, boats, etc. Are there 3rd party SDKs that have some of these capabilities?
Many engineering companies have focus groups to gather insight from users and industry reps in order to develop features and improve capabilities. I would like to see DJI do that and hear from some of the people involved in the process instead of releasing a new product then scrambling to implement something after users start screaming LOL.

Reactions: licensed pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103