Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 200 v2 External Power Source

Reaction score
I have a matrice 200v2 and I'm trying to add a powered accessories using the drones power instead of external battery. I can get into the drone this far but don't want to open the top shell because I'm worried about the silicon bead and messing up its water resistance rating if I don't reseal it right. To me this seems to be a parallel battery system so it looks like I should be able to tap into either of the two red and back wires. The part that confuses me is why does it have 4 wires instead of two? Does that mean its not parallel? And the drone can detect each cell and battery voltage, wouldn't parallel make each battery voltage the same? And is tapping the two short red and black wires where the batteries connect to each other. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about, I would like to tap into both batteries so one doesn't drain before the other, I could also add a diodes to each battery if necessary so both could power the accessories but wouldn't connect to the batteries together if that makes since to anyone.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-173659_Adobe_Acrobat.png
    Screenshot_20210503-173659_Adobe_Acrobat.png
    636.8 KB · Views: 8
I would think electronically you should be able to attach either and it "should" work. But be careful making modifications. going against manufacturing recommendations can open you up to unwanted liability in some cases. Also, this is a critical component of the powerplant system and may affect other things. The 210 V2 has a port on the back under the cover to provide power to accessories I would highly recommend using this instead of modifying it.

Personal Opinion of:

Michael W. den Hartog
239-533-0072
Retail Manager Florida Drone Supply
and SWFL FAA Safety Team Drone Pro
[email protected]

I have a matrice 200v2 and I'm trying to add a powered accessories using the drones power instead of external battery. I can get into the drone this far but don't want to open the top shell because I'm worried about the silicon bead and messing up its water resistance rating if I don't reseal it right. To me this seems to be a parallel battery system so it looks like I should be able to tap into either of the two red and back wires. The part that confuses me is why does it have 4 wires instead of two? Does that mean its not parallel? And the drone can detect each cell and battery voltage, wouldn't parallel make each battery voltage the same? And is tapping the two short red and black wires where the batteries connect to each other. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about, I would like to tap into both batteries so one doesn't drain before the other, I could also add a diodes to each battery if necessary so both could power the accessories but wouldn't connect to the batteries together if that makes since to anyone.

Thanks in advance
I think the reason for 4 wires instead of 2 is that the Matrice measures the voltage of each battery and such a measurement is made easier by isolating the power leads.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103