Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 100 Uncontrollably spins

Reaction score
So I have recently purchased a matrice 100 with dual battery and the guidance system. I think its great and it fits what I need perfectly besides payload applications. I have noticed a big problem though, the drone has problems spinning. When turning right, I can hear it struggling, and left it sounds normal. I tried using one battery instead of two and the problem is still there. When I land it I can feel that the matching motors on the front right and back left are significantly hotter and I mean hot, not warm. I thought that maybe the 3* fasteners are the problem so I swapped them for the 0* and as expected the drone got even worse because the leverage to fight the spinning was taken away. I tried different props and it's still there. I have recalibrated everything and the problem still persist. Its not causing huge problems but I plan on having this drone up for maybe an hour for developing search and rescue applications and I'm worried the motors will overheat. But seriously when I mean hot to the touch I mean it. I removed the weight and rebalanced it and still the problem persist. The drone is constantly fighting itself. Any help will be appreciated as I would hate if this purchase was a dud. Again I'm worried because of the heat, but also my battery life is greatly reduced from what its supposed to be plus the random uncontrolled spins.

Thanks!

It sounds like you are encountering a significant issue with your Matrice 100 drone. The overheating motors and reduced battery life are cause for concern.

Reactions: Matthewsw1234
It sounds like you are encountering a significant issue with your Matrice 100 drone. The overheating motors and reduced battery life are cause for concern.
I guess I’m mainly just trying to figure out why. I might try and completely rebuild it to see if that fixes the issue but I was trying not to do that. I have noticed that the heavier the payload is, the more the spinning gets worse when full throttle of a little bit of wind. The drone gets sent off balance pretty easily even though I have balanced the battery placement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz