Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M600Pro RTK

Reaction score
Anyone using the M600Pro RTK, and how are you using?
In my late reading and interest for the 600 RTK, I read where it wasn’t for mapping / survey accuracy, but more for craft stability around areas where navigation compass is inaccurate or magnetic fields.

Will also post in classified area... if you’re pondering a sale.
EDIT 02/10/21 - have purchased a NOS full RTK package.

Last edited:
I would have to agree. When yo set up the DJI RTK Base Station it acquires a position fix and begins to send out corrections after only a minute or so. These corrections allow your M600 Pro to know its position very accurately RELATIVE to the RTK base station which is good for position hold, landing location etc.

However, there is no way the RTK Base Station can accurately self survey itself with any sort of accuracy in only a minute or two. Thus the absolute position of your aircraft will be limited to the accuracy of the Base Station position which might be several meters. This is probably not good enough for surveying without Ground Control Points.

Another technique that can be used is to place the Base Station directly over a point whose location has already been surveyed very accurately, such as by a surveyor, or using a different system. Unfortunately DJI does not allow you any way to enter the known location so you can't do this either.

If I had know the above before purchasing it I would have saved many thousands of dollars on what is essentially a useless system for us.

I shouls also note that on a previous flight I had a compass error during flight. The aircraft then informed me that it was returning to Atti mode !! This is despite having 5 GPS onboard (Standard 3 for Pro plus two for RTK) and the ability to calculate heading from the two RTK. Not happy !!

Good luck !!

I would have to agree. When yo set up the DJI RTK Base Station it acquires a position fix and begins to send out corrections after only a minute or so. These corrections allow your M600 Pro to know its position very accurately RELATIVE to the RTK base station which is good for position hold, landing location etc.

However, there is no way the RTK Base Station can accurately self survey itself with any sort of accuracy in only a minute or two. Thus the absolute position of your aircraft will be limited to the accuracy of the Base Station position which might be several meters. This is probably not good enough for surveying without Ground Control Points.

Another technique that can be used is to place the Base Station directly over a point whose location has already been surveyed very accurately, such as by a surveyor, or using a different system. Unfortunately DJI does not allow you any way to enter the known location so you can't do this either.

If I had know the above before purchasing it I would have saved many thousands of dollars on what is essentially a useless system for us.

I shouls also note that on a previous flight I had a compass error during flight. The aircraft then informed me that it was returning to Atti mode !! This is despite having 5 GPS onboard (Standard 3 for Pro plus two for RTK) and the ability to calculate heading from the two RTK. Not happy !!

Good luck !!
I understood the RTK scope... similar to the M300, M210, and Mavic 2Ent Adv RTK. All a little amazing they are all focused on stability in magnetic areas.... I'd think there'd be a way to access all that additional resource for other use. But, as we've learned, not available.

The part on loosing GPS on a M600pro, and with RTK is concerning. When it indicated Atti... did it drift around or appear to hold position?

My M600Pro had 1 GPS & IMU fail... flew fine but 1 unit showed Red LED, Green & Blue on other 2... Green is the active, Blue standby Units. I removed top cover to observe... When manually switching GPS as a test, It'd switch then immediately go to one of the other 2 units. DJI wanted to send full craft in for repair, but I was in process of modifying a S1000 and had a A3 Pro in box. I swapped 1 unit as test and it was correctrd.... so they swapped 1 GPU & IMU. It's flown fine since... the switching is what I expected with the Pro.

Have you examined the IMU's or GPS pucks? The 3 IMU's show 2 blue, 1 Green... and you can manually switch via App... moving the active unit around to each to verify all working? Both IMU and GPS pucks have LED's that show Red, Green, Blue.

How that affects the RTK system, don't know yet... haven't set it up on craft yet. I thought the RTK was like the A3 Pro... 1 active, other standby. I did purchase a RTK... found a NOS system but still in boxes.

But I'd agree... you'd think it'd be hard to fail over to Atti with all the redundancy for fail safe. If main IMU... the one directly connected to the A3 Pro fails and other 2 don't auto sense and assume Active... that'd be a major concern, basically just an A3 then. I would question the A3 Pro or connections... which is another question, does the RTK system work if A3 Pro fails or isn't sensing the other 2 Units?

Just thinking outloud above... I'll need to examine a bit closer with your failure & atti now known. That is odd and out of intended design.

Good share... thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz