Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Loss Insurance

Reaction score
Have been using uav's for several years now in my inspection business. Within the last year bought an Inspire 2 and have started doing some video work. Don't know about the rest of you folks but the I2 with an assortment of lenses and other accessories has been quite an investment for me. In the unlikely event of it crashing whether by pilot error or a failure of the aircraft would be a big hit to the wallet. Not to mention the possibility of putting me out of business. My business liability covers any damages that might occur but there is nothing to cover the drone or camera's. Went and talked to my insurance agent and purchased $10k of insurance for the Inspire. They covered the drone and camera & lenses separately with a $100 deductible on each. The premium for everything is $177 annually. Seems quite reasonable.

Have been using uav's for several years now in my inspection business. Within the last year bought an Inspire 2 and have started doing some video work. Don't know about the rest of you folks but the I2 with an assortment of lenses and other accessories has been quite an investment for me. In the unlikely event of it crashing whether by pilot error or a failure of the aircraft would be a big hit to the wallet. Not to mention the possibility of putting me out of business. My business liability covers any damages that might occur but there is nothing to cover the drone or camera's. Went and talked to my insurance agent and purchased $10k of insurance for the Inspire. They covered the drone and camera & lenses separately with a $100 deductible on each. The premium for everything is $177 annually. Seems quite reasonable.
I'm not sure what this thread is trying to say.
Since it appertains to commercial operation I have moved it to the correct section.
I'm going to assume you are talking about the USA although you do not say (39 countries use the dollar).
Hull insurance is cheap - it is always liability that will be the most costly.

Here in Oregon USA, I’ve got State Farm personal property insurance that covers both of my drones (M2P and Inspire 2) with no deductible and it’s only $85 annually. It covers everything that I have for both drones as long as I have receipts.

Reactions: Flyngreg
Yes I'm in the USA. I had no idea that 39 countries use the dollar. Are we as commercial drone operators required to have knowledge of world finances?
No, not at all. But as this is an International forum if helps if posters mention what country/area they are talking about to help get pertinent answers.

Reactions: licensed pilot
That seems like a great quote. I just got my renewal for my Commercial policy. $1,000.000.00 Liability, with $11,400.00 worth of equipment. 5% deducible on hull and 10% deductible on payload. Includes theft and any type of accidental damage. who are you using for Commercial?

Last edited:
Here in Oregon USA, I’ve got State Farm personal property insurance that covers both of my drones (M2P and Inspire 2) with no deductible and it’s only $85 annually. It covers everything that I have for both drones as long as I have receipts.
State Farm does not cover if flying under 107 correct?

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
I have my part 107 and State Farm. That likely explains why I have a deductible and double your premium. I know no drone operators and I find this quite interesting. Thanks!

I appreciate your posting this, and I immediately found it appropriate... I would have also assumed this topic is of interest to alot of us, as the most common insurance discussions generally are about liability insurance...
It's been frustrating for me, and my fleet investment is topping $30k, with replacement value at $40-45k...which is probably nothing compared to the larger operators. Hearing what others have discovered is helpful, especially if they post options better than what the readers might be using...

Reactions: Flyngreg
I do commercial under 107 but still fly quite a bit for the fun of it. I use Skywatch and have had them for about a year now. At the time I first purchased, I did quite a bit of research to get the best for what I was doing. I do a monthly policy. I am paying $80 per month that covers 1,000,000 liability to include civil liability and defense. This includes hull and equipment insurance with 5% deductible covering my I2 and x5s. On my other drones, the same policy covers the liability for me on any drone I fly. It's a bit expensive but I love to fly and it makes me feel so much better to be covered. Price is reduced for multi-term policy and I regularly upload my flight logs.

Having said that, I might look into State Farm or do further research to see what other viable options are available to me. Thank you for the discussion.

in which company you're with for business liability? the premium you're quoting here is quite affordable then many companies available here

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham