Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Letter, forms and indemnification hold harmless agreement - oh my!

Reaction score
It took 11 months but my exemption has finally arrived. Now the real work begins.

I had/have put together many of the operating documents, forms, reports etc prior to the granting of the exemption, but, as I go through everything again I realize I do not have a indemnification hold harmless agreement/verbiage.

Do you folks use just your posted T&C page, a short blurb on you contract or a separate form?

Care to share?

In fact any/all documents would be interesting to compare how you have setup the binders for US operational compliance.

Reinventing the wheel isn't my strong suit - it gets done but ......
Ray

I am willing to pay $20 via PayPal if someone uploads a good set of documents...

Great Post,

We need to create a organization! "Pro Drone Pilots" with a very modest membership fee to cover costs and provide such things. Like AMA or AOPA that can help professionals like us.

I had a photography business and I going to be using my old forms just modified. Most notably model and property releases since a hold-harmless or indemnification form was rarely needed. FYI, in many states (CA) property and model releases require compensation, at least $1. Often times I would find other forms online and modify them as I needed.

I searched and found this online, a few quick changes and it's good to go. Remember you don't need a perfect form, anything can and usually will be challenged in court. The premise is to create reasonable protection.

Attachments

• Hold Harmless release.pdf
    24.1 KB · Views: 31
It took 11 months but my exemption has finally arrived. Now the real work begins.

I had/have put together many of the operating documents, forms, reports etc prior to the granting of the exemption, but, as I go through everything again I realize I do not have a indemnification hold harmless agreement/verbiage.

Do you folks use just your posted T&C page, a short blurb on you contract or a separate form?

Care to share?

In fact any/all documents would be interesting to compare how you have setup the binders for US operational compliance.

Reinventing the wheel isn't my strong suit - it gets done but ......
Ray
Not sure I follow the need for this. Lawyers will tell you these are useless in liability lawsuits and protect you from nothing. Thus the need for insurance.

Not sure I follow the need for this. Lawyers will tell you these are useless in liability lawsuits and protect you from nothing. Thus the need for insurance.

Ahh yes, in an actual lawsuit they don't hold much water. However, just like the sign in a bowling alley boldly declaring "WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR BALL!" , which is also unless, it stops 99% of people from even claiming damage.

I like those odds.

Great Post,

We need to create a organization! "Pro Drone Pilots" with a very modest membership fee to cover costs and provide such things. Like AMA or AOPA that can help professionals like us.

I had a photography business and I going to be using my old forms just modified. Most notably model and property releases since a hold-harmless or indemnification form was rarely needed. FYI, in many states (CA) property and model releases require compensation, at least $1. Often times I would find other forms online and modify them as I needed.

I searched and found this online, a few quick changes and it's good to go. Remember you don't need a perfect form, anything can and usually will be challenged in court. The premise is to create reasonable protection.

Thank you.

This is a good post. Unfortunately everyone's documents that are produced may or probably will state different opinions on what you can and cant do, who is responsible or we are not responsible. No one likes to pay an attorney, but in the end they are responsible in guiding you in the right direction representing you. We hired Traverse Legal, and yup we have spent with no returns yet :). We feel and we could be wrong, when the dust settles this "Drone" business will require representation, professional documents, certifications and probably more to be able to legally be hired by companies who need aerial work done...not saying we couldn't be wrong, but we are taking the " Don't want to without a chair when the music stops" mentality..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz