Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

ISO TEST DJI X5

Reaction score
Have made a video that shows ISO differences with DJI X5, 25mm lens. Landscape mode. sharpness +., None color. firmware v1.3.0.60 2015-12-22

Last edited:
Reactions: Cruncher and rilot
Hey - there is no Iso flicker here? Is this the new 1.6 firmware?
I had a shoot in South Africa ruined by the iso flicker... But that was 1.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the X5's native ISO is?
I belive its 200, despite it being set at 100 at default. In other words, if filming in the day,you should probably use 200 over 100.

I'll wait for the new firmware before I think too much more about this camera.

I belive its 200, despite it being set at 100 at default. In other words, if filming in the day,you should probably use 200 over 100.

I'll wait for the new firmware before I think too much more about this camera.
What do you need to think about? The camera is great but it won't help if you are not a camera person. One needs to know how to use a camera unlike the X3

What do you need to think about? The camera is great but it won't help if you are not a camera person. One needs to know how to use a camera unlike the X3

its 3pm on a cloudy day 90 mins before sunset, my iso is 200, my aperture is 5.4, my shutter speed is 60 and everything looks well exposed and metered, I'm hovering looking left to right and my footage is grainy.
I'm using custom WB of 6000k.
I'm using none in the colour profile.
UHD@30 FPS.
sharpness, contrast, saturation is @ 000

Feel free to enlighten me on what I have done to deserve grainy footage in the above example and what your expertise would do in conjunction with this 'great' camera to solve this issue?

I'm obviously missing something you must know about and look forward to the missing ingredient.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: zoltanh
its 3pm on a cloudy day 90 mins before sunset, my iso is 200, my aperture is 5.4, my shutter speed is 60 and everything looks well exposed and metered, I'm hovering looking left to right and my footage is grainy.
I'm using custom WB of 6000k.
I'm using none in the colour profile.
UHD@30 FPS.
sharpness, contrast, saturation is @ 000

Feel free to enlighten me on what I have done to deserve grainy footage in the above example and what your expertise do in conjunction with this 'great' camera to solve this issue?

I'm obviously missing something you must know about...

Thanks
Im afraid it should not be producing grainy footage with those settings. I hope someone else can help but the only think I can see is you could drop the ISO to 100.

Im afraid it should not be producing grainy footage with those settings. I hope someone else can help but the only think I can see is you could drop the ISO to 100.

the native ISO on this cam is 200, dropping to 100 does you no favours, it probably harms.
native ISO and native iso in terms of what the cm defaults to are separate things if you were not sure.
I know lower ISO usually means cleaner shots, but many cameras fake it.
Thanks anyway :)

I got an idea, DJI have fked somethign up.

Last edited:
Make sure you have the latest firmware in platform, payload and batteries. Re calibrate camera then if still grainy using them settings send it back to DJI. I have no noise on my images even at 1000 +'iso

the native ISO on this cam is 200, dropping to 100 does you no favours, it probably harms.
native ISO and native iso in terms of what the cm defaults to are separate things if you were not sure.
I know lower ISO usually means cleaner shots, but many cameras fake it.
Thanks anyway :)

I got an idea, DJI have fked somethign up.
Cheers for that. Where did you read that 200 is the native ISO? I can't seem to find it in any official DJI litriture

Nice job airdrone.. No Flicker at iso 800 as others have claimed. What is the fluctuating Red light on the bottom of the image at iso 1600 and up?

the red light is lights from inspire one that glows

wow, I figured there would be more noise due to the small sensor size + high megapixel count. we truly have entered the future (slight sarcasm).

Cheers for that. Where did you read that 200 is the native ISO? I can't seem to find it in any official DJI litriture
I might be wrong, just something I heard on RC groups off someone who was pretty informed, but really, I think its best we all wait for .70 before we draw any conclusions or finalise any testings as its likely to be the best update and whatever settings you think you have nailed down could well change.

Personally, I don't think the X5 is in a good enough state right now to really worry about it, for most it will just be something they select to get closer to perfect exposure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham