Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

ISO 25600 video examples Zenmuse X5R?

Thanks Rilot. Might be true but maybee DJI has something to show? The drone should have been tested?
No doubt it will have been tested but any participants will be under a very strict Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) forbidding any public comment. You will only get to see example images when DJI decide to release them or when the X5/X5R are released to the public.

I think you will be disappointed at ISO 25,600. It will be noisy.

The question: under what circumstances would you be forced to shoot at ISO 25,600? Given a shutter speed of 1/50th or 1/60th, and given that the supported lenses are f/1.7 to f/2.0, what kind of light would you be shooting in that would force you to move 8 stops of ISO (from 100 to 25,600)?

I shot a fireworks display with my X3, and the shadows were quite noisy. But given that it was a night scene, the fix was easy: I just lowered the black levels, and that noise disappeared into darkness. The resulting video isn't great, but it isn't very noisy either:

thanks for your reply! Today it is difficult to film the aurora in real time and with not too much noise only possible with moon light. So high iso and low noise is certainly needed for night filming or still images from the air. Even at iso 5000 and f1.4 you work with exposure times of around 1 second which can be much for a drone.

I shot this the other night on the X5:

Dear dopey tree, In the UK you are not permitted to fly a UAV at night. That is unless your system has a Sense and Avoid capability which the Inspire 1 does not.

I know you are trying to share your discoveries of the capabilities of the new X5 camera system but is you are serious in your intent to gain a CAA PFAW you need to do a bit of homework before you next go out to fly. Whilst you have taken down your website showing examples of clearly illegal UAV flying practices you have just posted this clip which again shows a lack of knowledge as to UAV flying regulations.

Buying and flying a UAV is the easy part. Learning how to do it legally and responsibly requires an investment in both time and money. I know because that's what I and many others have had to gain the PFAW.

If you have queries as to what you can and can't do I'm sure there will be many people on this forum happy to help you but please stop post footage of illegal flying practices as it can really harm what is already a delicate legal situation relating to UAV flying here in the UK.

Dear dopey tree, In the UK you are not permitted to fly a UAV at night. That is unless your system has a Sense and Avoid capability which the Inspire 1 does not.

I know you are trying to share your discoveries of the capabilities of the new X5 camera system but is you are serious in your intent to gain a CAA PFAW you need to do a bit of homework before you next go out to fly. Whilst you have taken down your website showing examples of clearly illegal UAV flying practices you have just posted this clip which again shows a lack of knowledge as to UAV flying regulations.

Buying and flying a UAV is the easy part. Learning how to do it legally and responsibly requires an investment in both time and money. I know because that's what I and many others have had to gain the PFAW.

If you have queries as to what you can and can't do I'm sure there will be many people on this forum happy to help you but please stop post footage of illegal flying practices as it can really harm what is already a delicate legal situation relating to UAV flying here in the UK.

Sorry I thought these were the rules: Small Unmanned Aircraft (20kg or less) | Aircraft | Operations and Safety

Can you point me to this in writing?

Many PFAW operators have flown at night to capture fireworks.. How did they do it? Did they get permission & a small no fly zone in place?

Last edited:
Can anyone show examples video/images using the Zenmuse X5R camera using very high ISO like 25600? Would be great to see the level of noise. A dream is to capture real time northern light video/images with the Inspire. Cheers Peter
Can anyone show examples video/images using the Zenmuse X5R camera using very high ISO like 25600? Would be great to see the level of noise. A dream is to capture real time northern light video/images with the Inspire. Cheers Peter
look you no that x5 make their own the northern lights even at lower Iso? flicking on high ISO an even at low iso

Iso. Light sensitivity will the selfølgelig be the same as the X5, it's the same camera except higher bitrate. I think you will be disappointed, after all small sensor.Iso. Light sensitivity will the selfølgelig be the same as the X5, it's the same camera except higher bitrate. I think you will be disappointed, after all small sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz