Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Is ADS-B smarter with the Matrice vs Mavics?

Reaction score
I was just burning off some battery levels with the 30T and a small plane flew right over my neighborhood at about 800-1000 AGL. Since I got no warnings on the controller, is ADS-B Airsense smarter with the Matrice where there's a minimum range before the notifications start popping off? My Mavics drones give warning for aircraft flying thousands of feet above my area and usually more than a mile or more away.

I was just burning off some battery levels with the 30T and a small plane flew right over my neighborhood at about 800-1000 AGL. Since I got no warnings on the controller, is ADS-B Airsense smarter with the Matrice where there's a minimum range before the notifications start popping off? My Mavics drones give warning for aircraft flying thousands of feet above my area and usually more than a mile or more away.
Unfortunately, small aircraft are not yet required to have ADS-B transmitters on board - so there are many small GA planes that will fly right over you without any warning on the controller. Happens to me all the time here in Canada.
The roll-out for ADS-B for small planes is expected to begin in 2026!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103