Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Insurance for OM and Exam?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today I have finally managed to pay of the remainder of my balance with Euro-USC, only 6 months after passing ground school!

Just doing some final checks over my OM before submitting, hopefully later this evening, and suddenly I have spotted something that may be an issue.

I have not got insurance, obviously this is a fair part of the OM. I am now unsure if I am able to submit it without, and if I am able to, will I be able to sit my practical exam without?

If I can submit without, would a big red disclaimer in the manual stating I will get insurance after passing be appropriate, or should I just miss it out altogether???

Hopefully this makes sense, having a little panic!!!

Thanks

Hi All,

Today I have finally managed to pay of the remainder of my balance with Euro-USC, only 6 months after passing ground school!

Just doing some final checks over my OM before submitting, hopefully later this evening, and suddenly I have spotted something that may be an issue.

I have not got insurance, obviously this is a fair part of the OM. I am now unsure if I am able to submit it without, and if I am able to, will I be able to sit my practical exam without?

If I can submit without, would a big red disclaimer in the manual stating I will get insurance after passing be appropriate, or should I just miss it out altogether???

Hopefully this makes sense, having a little panic!!!

Thanks
Once again EuroUSC not informing their candidates comprehensively enough to enable submission of documents to obtain PFAW!
OK - you do not need to have insurance in place to submit an ops manual but you should reference a page with something like:
<"Your Company Name"> certificate of insurance will appear here.
Nothing else needs to go on that page.
With regards to referencing your insurance you simply need to put 'TBA' against each item.
However, you DO need to have insurance in place for your flight assessment and failure to produce your documents means (in most cases) you will be refused a flight test.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Droneworx and Oscen
No point in starting a new thread so I shall add onto this one from yesterday...

Ops Manual is now submitted, it is now time to start calling round the various insurance offerings in order to get something in place prior to my practical exam.

Searching through some posts on here I found a list of insurance companies (below) offering liability insurance in the UK, is anyone insured with anyone else that they would recommend?

John Heath Insurance Brokers LLP
Telephone: 01270 252 252
Email: [email protected]
www.johnheath.com
UAV Insurance UK | Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Insurance UK

R J Kiln & Co Ltd
http://www.kilngroup.com

aaduki
Welcome to Aaduki - Aaduki

J. Bennett & Son Ltd
The White House21 High StreetHigh WycombeBuckinghamshireHP11 2UXT 01494 450450
http://www.jbennett.co.uk

Ravenhall Group
[email protected]
Ravenhall Group | Chartered Independent Insurance Brokers
Tel: 0113 3503 330

No point in starting a new thread so I shall add onto this one from yesterday...

Ops Manual is now submitted, it is now time to start calling round the various insurance offerings in order to get something in place prior to my practical exam.

Searching through some posts on here I found a list of insurance companies (below) offering liability insurance in the UK, is anyone insured with anyone else that they would recommend?

John Heath Insurance Brokers LLP
Telephone: 01270 252 252
Email: [email protected]
www.johnheath.com
UAV Insurance UK | Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Insurance UK

R J Kiln & Co Ltd
http://www.kilngroup.com

aaduki
Welcome to Aaduki - Aaduki

J. Bennett & Son Ltd
The White House21 High StreetHigh WycombeBuckinghamshireHP11 2UXT 01494 450450
http://www.jbennett.co.uk

Ravenhall Group
[email protected]
Ravenhall Group | Chartered Independent Insurance Brokers
Tel: 0113 3503 330
That's a good list. :)

You could also give these a try (haven't used them personally but they are fairly new kids on the block.
I had a chat with them at the Drone Show and I will give them a chance to quote when mine is due.

Insurance4Drones
1 Norfolk Court, Norfolk Rd, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire.
WD3 1LA
T: +44(0)1923 712441
Managing Director - Simon Ritterband
www.insurance4drones.com

I bought a 30day flight exam policy from insurance4drones. I think they'll give me a 50% rebate on that cost if i go on to buy a full policy from them.

When i recently submitted my OM I put a note within the insurance section explaining that an appropriate temporary insurance policy will be in place for my flight exam and that a full/appropriate policy will be in place after receiving a PFAW. I mentioned that this was a commercial decision and not an issue with obtaining a policy.

EuroUSC were happy with this.

Unfortunately not any more. I believe it used too, but you now need the addition DDD part which costs an extra £70ish.
Correct - they have now added a category to fit in between the two existing ones and charge an additional premium for the extension to cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz