Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Inspire 2 compatible with Olympus 14-42mm?

20170501_092230.jpg 20170501_092408.jpg 20170501_092230.jpg 20170501_092408.jpg 20170501_092422.jpg
I won't have a chance to fly for awhile, but here is video of the Oly 14-42 on my X5S. I don't have any fit issues

I have an inspire1 Pro with X5S and as I posted above the Oly 14-42mm lens does not physically fit. Yes you can put it on but the zoom thumbwheel is physically rubbing the side gimble. I measured the physical diameter with my caliper and it was 60.9mm despite the specs saying it should be 60.6mm maybe that is why some people can fit them and I could not.
I will try to attach pics to show the difference between the stock lens and the Oly 14-42mm

Attachments

• 20170501_092436.jpg
    20170501_092436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 20170501_092005.jpg
    20170501_092005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
View attachment 13635 View attachment 13636 View attachment 13635 View attachment 13636 View attachment 13637

I have an inspire1 Pro with X5S and as I posted above the Oly 14-42mm lens does not physically fit. Yes you can put it on but the zoom thumbwheel is physically rubbing the side gimble. I measured the physical diameter with my caliper and it was 60.9mm despite the specs saying it should be 60.6mm maybe that is why some people can fit them and I could not.
I will try to attach pics to show the difference between the stock lens and the Oly 14-42mm

Just to be clear and not confuse anyone, you can not have an Inspire 1 Pro with an X5S maybe the X5 or X5R but not an X5S.

Sorry correct!! Mine is an X5 camera on the Inspire1 Pro, not an X5S. but the Oly 14-42mm does not fit, the focus thumwheel rubs against the gimble at the side. maybe one can grind a bit of the gimble or sand the knurling on the lens.. but I just returned it to Amazon.ca instead

Reactions: SanCap
Hi!
I bought my inspire 2 panasonic lumix 14-42 gx lens. There is lot of distortion of this lens.
I thought lens is almost unusable of distortion. Distortion is only when I use lens in x5s.
Lens is perfect in lumix camera and without distortion.

Link my sample video lumix 14-42 with x5s.

kari hirvonen

Hi!
I bought my inspire 2 panasonic lumix 14-42 gx lens. There is lot of distortion of this lens.
I thought lens is almost unusable of distortion. Distortion is only when I use lens in x5s.
Lens is perfect in lumix camera and without distortion.

Link my sample video lumix 14-42 with x5s.

kari hirvonen
If you are shooting in Prores, my understanding is there will be no lens distortion correction and you will have to correct it in post. If you have not already, load the latest FW and try shooting in h264.

If you are shooting in Prores, my understanding is there will be no lens distortion correction and you will have to correct it in post. If you have not already, load the latest FW and try shooting in h264.

I have latest firmwares and I shoot it h264. I sent this file to dji support and asked what is wrong. they don't see nothing distortion of this video.

Hirvokar

I have latest firmwares and I shoot it h264. I sent this file to dji support and asked what is wrong. they don't see nothing distortion of this video.

Hirvokar
That is unfortunate. The release notes for FW V.01.0.0110 states "Added camera lens distortion correction in H.264/H.265 formats". They are not clear on what lenses they did that for. I am shooting with prime lenses so maybe others who are using this lens can comment.

Last edited:
HI! and thank you.
This resolve. I take off rewarp setting and it corrected distortion. I thought there is a bug in software.
After that when I change dji 15mm lens distortion was there and corrected when I put dewarp on. Switch working opposite of this 14-42 lumix lens profile. If change lens, must remember change also rewarp setting. Sorry my bad english.

t kari

Just tried my new one today
Got a lot of noise from the camera
Immediately removed in order to avoid damage
Anyone had this???

Just tried my new one today
Got a lot of noise from the camera
Immediately removed in order to avoid damage
Anyone had this???

Yes Moshe I have the same problem... Just upgrade to a Inspire 2 from a i1 pro. So latest firmware as of today. As soon as I power on the i2 with the Olympus lens it makes a horrible noise. I have checked balance and its perfect.
Worked sweet on the inspire pro.

Does anyone know exactly what panasonic lens zoom lens is the supported one?? When I search for it I get multiple results... I'm guessing its the pancake one similar to the Olympus 14-42mm???

I will hope someday it will work

I got it working last nite Moshe.... Its really weird and I can't explain it but when the balancing ring is taken off the olympus 14-42 there is no longer a noise for me and seems to run perfectly.

I have tested it with the lens extended and the i2 powered down and it is not balanced now but there is no noise... If I add the balancing ring or a filter I get the same horrible gimbal overload noise again.

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
Dear Freind
I tested it last night
The noise is still there
Can you send a picture of which balancing ring you speaking about?

Wow, didn't know that.
I just did a client job taking photos with the lumix14-42. The JPGs all had distortion while the DNGs were all corrected[emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]. It's a good thing I took both types of photos

I believe the reason for that is the JPEGs are finalized within the I2 while the DNGs have the lens profile embedded within the files and they are finalized within the program you edit them with. You could also choose not to apply lens profiles there, but I think most software applies them by default, so with the I2 de-warp setting turned off you get distorted JPEGs and generally corrected DNGs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz