Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Gimbal mode default

LSP

Reaction score
I have an x5 and the gimbal mode through the app permanently defaults to follow mode on each power up. I use free mode mainly so this means changing it every time I change the lipo. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default?

cool ,was happening to me too, thought I was going mad. I guess you expect the basics to work, I have a feeling this upcoming update will be a good one though.

I have an x5 and the gimbal mode through the app permanently defaults to follow mode on each power up. I use free mode mainly so this means changing it every time I change the lipo. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default?
Certain functions remain stored (resolution, frame rate, color settings, sharpness, contrast etc, etc) however gimbal mode does not and reverts on boot to follow. My understanding is this has something to do with the gimbal start up and self calibration sequence upon power up. I do not know why this could not occur in free mode but DJI say 'Nope'

Reactions: Fink
As the above, but I agree, it would be great if you could set it to automatically default to free mode. We still get caught out every now and again mid flight and realise we're in follow :mad:

i set the c1 button to switch between modes for a workaround. work ok. same setting for operator. fast and easy to switch.
edit: c2 i use for gimbal reset
m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set C1 to change gimbal mode as Phatzo suggested. Some day, DJI will understand to preserve all settings between power cycles.

Thanks for the input. I use the C1 and C2 for other functions so that isnt ideal. What would make most sense then is to be able to remap all the controller buttons as needed. Given the usual DJI restrictions, I assume this isnt possible?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I use the C1 and C2 for other functions so that isnt ideal. What would make most sense then is to be able to remap all the controller buttons as needed. Given the usual DJI restrictions, I assume this isnt possible?

You definitely cannot remap all of the controller buttons. I think the most simple thing would be to add this to your pre-flight checklist. I always go through at least three menus after the aircraft is powered on and ready to take off to verify things - final voltage checks, video channel check, temperatures, etc. I will normally modify the gimbal mode once the aircraft is in the air and I'm ready to begin shooting.

Just my $.02.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz