Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Gearing up..!!

Reaction score
Setting up a mobile studio in anticipation of 333 being granted soon!! It's been almost 6 months since I applied. Purchased a sprinter van to kit up for mobile office/studio. Gonna have computer, 50" 4k display, solar for the lithium batteries, inverter, dedicated storage for uav's..... any suggestions?

Attachments

• KIMG0065.jpg
    KIMG0065.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Setting up a mobile studio in anticipation of 333 being granted soon!! It's been almost 6 months since I applied. Purchased a sprinter van to kit up for mobile office/studio. Gonna have computer, 50" 4k display, solar for the lithium batteries, inverter, dedicated storage for uav's..... any suggestions?

Nice! I almost do the same.. here is mine ;-)

IMG_6678.JPG

It's not used as a mobile studio (main post will be done @home) but it keeps me rolling through Europe with enough space and energy to be long enough independent. It is equiped with:

2 beds
a small Kitchen (stove/sink/fridge)
3x 80Ah batteries + inverter
2x 100W panels

and a 24/7 alarming snout

IMG_6672.JPG

Chris

I highly recommend this:

Build Your Own Dream Camper Van | Sprinter RV

If you're going to be onsite (remote) on jobs for any length of time, pay particular attention to composting toilets. Easy to install, and really low maintenance.

Depending on where you live, 100 - 400 watts of roof mounted solar will keep your batteries charging all day, and may even allow you to work on that big monitor all evening

Cellular boosting is often needed -- especially if you're uploading to cloud based apps. These help: weBoost by Wilson | Cell Phone Signal Boosters

I'm commercially insured to the hilt, required by my clients.
Nice setup Chris!! Love your 4 legged car alarm!!
Running 2 lithium ion batteries, 200ah, with 2 85 watt panels on the roof. Full office capabilities, printer, mobile desktop, weather station, net connected. Will b doing inspections, so not much post production. Will b able to generate reports on-site. The long wheel base, extended sprinter is huge, and the 4cyl diesel gets great mpg. I've got a bed & compact kitchen the back for those long trips

Thanks pixl45! I've seen the sprinter conversion you mentioned. There are several on pinterest. Good thinking on the booster, I rely on cell for my net connection.

Thanks pixl45! I've seen the sprinter conversion you mentioned. There are several on pinterest. Good thinking on the booster, I rely on cell for my net connection.

Actually, it's not a single conversion... just a book of ideas.

There are a number of great conversion companies out there, but they are all super-busy with year long waiting lists. I think the best (and best value) is Van Specialties out of Portland, OR. They have an affiliation with Outside Vans -- but OV stuff is $$$ - aimed at the wealthy outdoorsman. But both are great places to look for ideas. Sportsmobile is another one -- not the same quality, but they have an online tool that you can use to plan yours, even if you don't work with them.

One thing you may want to consider -- I've seen it done.. is having a platform on the roof. Getting that extra 8' in the air can make a big difference with your signal.

My conversion will definitely b homemade! No$$ left after buying the van. Lol.

Have my solar panels mounted on the roof with quick disconnects. Made an antenna tower out of an old transit level tripod, with a 15' piece of sch 80 plastic pipe. Use it for the weather station sensor & experimenting with a signal booster on it. Maybe I'll put a pirate flag on it as a wind sock :)

I've considered doing the same. It would be so much easier if the UAVs could live in the vehicle full time and most of the lite processing did as well. Not to mention the comfort factor on site!

All legal now! Just in time to make the 1st payment on the van! Now if the weather would just cooperate, I could get some flying done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz