Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

FOV distance/area calculations

Reaction score
hopefully this is a quick question for someone to help me here. I've googled this but cant find exactly what i'm looking for.

I am trying to determine the AGL i need to be at in order to capture a specific area with the Matrice 30 wide lens, which is listed with an 84deg FOV. I need to get approx 120m by 50m in the shot and need to make sure i am under 400ft. I appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction!

thanks
Mike

hopefully this is a quick question for someone to help me here. I've googled this but cant find exactly what i'm looking for.

I am trying to determine the AGL i need to be at in order to capture a specific area with the Matrice 30 wide lens, which is listed with an 84deg FOV. I need to get approx 120m by 50m in the shot and need to make sure i am under 400ft. I appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction!

thanks
Mike
If you draw a triangle with an 84 degree angle and a 120m base, then draw a line down the center to create 2 right angle triangles, you get two triangles with a 42 degree angle and a 60m base. Plug the values into a trigonometry calculator:
(here: https://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp)
and you will get 66.6 m (218 ft.) for the height.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103