Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Fogging on sensor issue

Reaction score
Today I took my x4s out on a job and upon taking off I have noticed the picture on my CS was very foggy, like looking through a mist. It has been raining a lot around here, so I guess there is a lots of humidity in the air. But my drone is always inside of my apartment, so it can not be that bad, I suppose. Anyway, today the sun was shining and as the sun hit the drone and the camera when I was outside getting set for a flight, the foggy picture appeared on the CS just like that. It looked like condensation occured on the sensor. It all cleared after about 5 minutes sitting on the sun. The outside temperature was around 24C. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this??

Last edited:
Today I took my x4s out on a job and upon taking off I have noticed the picture on my CS was very foggy, like looking through a mist. It has been raining a lot around here, so I guess there is a lots of humidity in the air. But my drone is always inside of my apartment, so it can not be that bad, I suppose. Anyway, today the sun was shining and as the sun hit the drone and the camera when I was outside getting set for a flight, the foggy picture appeared on the CS just like that. It looked like condensation occured on the sensor. It all cleared after about 5 minutes sitting on the sun. The outside temperature was around 24C. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this??
What was the relative humidity/dew point at your flying location?

Did you check local METAR/TAF which would have given you an indication of conditions before you left? This always forms part of my pre flight and site survey/risk assessment before every job.

What was the relative humidity/dew point at your flying location?

Did you check local METAR/TAF which would have given you an indication of conditions before you left? This always forms part of my pre flight and site survey/risk assessment before every job.
According to AccuWeather Relative humidity was 75%. Dew point 16C. Outside temperature at the time of take off 24C and sunny. BTW, there was no visible fogging on the front lens element or the protective glass filter. The lens was clear. The fogging must have been inside of the camera.
In any case it was impressive to hear of what you do and thanks also for the unsolicited lesson about what I should be doing.

Last edited:
this happens to me regardless of the weather.., I first thought it was on the surface of the lens, so I took the UV filter off... but it was behind the first element... It goes away after 5 minutes but that is 5 minutes wasting battery while I wait... so now I just ignore it and fly to position might as well be constructive while waiting.

I'm going to start a thread on this next one, but thought I might ask it here also:
My 4x has a problem with the gimbal being out of alignment (roll wise)... each and every time I start up I have to adjust... and even some times when adjusted if I DO A FULL 360º by the time I get back to 0º it is out again...

Any ideas?

Mahalo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz