Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Finally Filters I'm happy with

Reaction score
image.jpeg I just wanted to post this for all the X5 and X5R users in the group as you may find it useful. I don't work for them or anything.

With my DSLR landscape photography I use there filters with my camera system as I've found them to be the best. With my Inspire 1 I have tried various filters, Polar Pro, SRP, B+W and not been happy with the slight colour cast or heavy weight I was getting.

Well Formatt Hitech have now got a screw on superslim stackable filter in 46mm which fits the DJI 15mm and the Olympus 12mm. It weighs about the same weight as the DJI balance ring. The Firecrest range not only cut out UV Ray's but also Infrared so improving image quality. They do a range from 1 stop upwards and over the last couple of months I have been using the 2,3,4 stop with fantastic results.

For the month of May they are offering 20% off all filters and if you use this code RHURST10 you get a further 10% off so 30% off in total. Check them out here.

Photo Filters

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Most of the higher dollar pro grade filters from the likes of B+W are too heavy as the rings are brass. I went with mostly Hoya filters but the 4-stop ND was Tiffen. These use aluminum rings are are typically about half the weight of the brass one.

Brian

I use 46mm hoya Filters too, they are 11gr each, i read somewhere in this fourum if i recall correctly, that x5 series gimball works with filters from 6gr -13gr but the ones closer to 13gr worked the best

I dont think my hoya filters are better than any other, but should work better with the gimball

Used your code Richard and bought a 4 stop to try. Perfect grade ND to give me 1/50 at 5.6 in bright conditions which is the sweet spot for the 12mm. Quality is first class as well, absolutely no colour cast at all, highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz