Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI X5 Problem Help!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.flyhighusa.com
Hello all,

I hope this is not a duplicate post, I have looked and can't find any discussion on this topic.

Here goes,
I have 3 different Inspire Pro with x5 cameras and this is a first for me. When I turn on the bird all seems to be working fine. Great picture with great color and sharpness, I am using the Olympus 12 mm lens. When I start adjusting the EV setting to any number greater than about 1.8 and up the shutter starts changing and doesn't stop when I stop adjusting, it just keeps cycling through the full range of its abilities. The picture goes from extremely dark to extremely bright and just keeps rolling on and never stops. The only way I can get it to stop is to lock the exposure lock. As soon as I unlock it and move it to a setting of over brightness in any way it just does it all over again. It is doing it in Auto mode and every other including Manual mode. If I try to fly at night It really is a problem because I need to use the EV brighter than the day so the problem is more problematic. I hope I am explaining this properly . If anyone has this issue or knows what I can do please help me . I have tried everything and I am at a wall of confusion. None of my other birds ( Inspire Pro x5 ). It is really hard to set the camera properly with this continuing moving shutter. I know things move when we adjust the dial but it is doing it when I am not touching the controller. I look forward to and thank you to anyone who can help. Thank you in advance.

Ralph Rigdon
FlyHighUSA

Reactions: Kris
Hello all,

I hope this is not a duplicate post, I have looked and can't find any discussion on this topic.

Here goes,
I have 3 different Inspire Pro with x5 cameras and this is a first for me. When I turn on the bird all seems to be working fine. Great picture with great color and sharpness, I am using the Olympus 12 mm lens. When I start adjusting the EV setting to any number greater than about 1.8 and up the shutter starts changing and doesn't stop when I stop adjusting, it just keeps cycling through the full range of its abilities. The picture goes from extremely dark to extremely bright and just keeps rolling on and never stops. The only way I can get it to stop is to lock the exposure lock. As soon as I unlock it and move it to a setting of over brightness in any way it just does it all over again. It is doing it in Auto mode and every other including Manual mode. If I try to fly at night It really is a problem because I need to use the EV brighter than the day so the problem is more problematic. I hope I am explaining this properly . If anyone has this issue or knows what I can do please help me . I have tried everything and I am at a wall of confusion. None of my other birds ( Inspire Pro x5 ). It is really hard to set the camera properly with this continuing moving shutter. I know things move when we adjust the dial but it is doing it when I am not touching the controller. I look forward to and thank you to anyone who can help. Thank you in advance.

Ralph Rigdon
FlyHighUSA
Not heard of this one before.
Out of interest, can you try doing a full RC stick calibration (including the left and right finger wheels at the top) and see if that cures it?

I just did the calibration and it seems that it is the same. It does it in manual and all other modes
OK is this only happening on one of your Inspires (it wasn't clear from your original post?)
If so, and your other two are fine, have you tried swapping the lens with the others. If the fault follows the lens then you have a faulty lens.
I have never heard of this issue so it may help (and others) if you could post up a short video of the issue so we can see exactly what's happening.

OK is this only happening on one of your Inspires (it wasn't clear from your original post?)
If so, and your other two are fine, have you tried swapping the lens with the others. If the fault follows the lens then you have a faulty lens.
I have never heard of this issue so it may help (and other) if you could post up a short video of the issue so we can see exactly what's happening.
I don't think it is the lens. It does it with both the DJI Lens and the Olympus as well. Will try it and post video shortly. Taking vid now. Thanks a bunch for helping me.

I don't think it is the lens. It does it with both the DJI Lens and the Olympus as well. Will try it and post video shortly. Taking vid now. Thanks a bunch for helping me.
I have never heard of this issue so it may help (and others) if you could post up a short video of the issue so we can see exactly what's happening.

for some reason it isn't letting me post the video. If I upload to my YouTube channel can you take a look there The pic is showing my updated firmware for reference.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
for some reason it isn't letting me post the video. If I upload to my YouTube channel can you take a look there
my you tube channel is FlyHighUSA if you can take a look. Thanks

OK, in that case narrow it down and try swapping the camera body out to different Inspires.
If it is one particular x5 body that is giving the issue you can try updating the firmware once more.
I can't see any video on your YT channel. There are 32 on your uploads but I can't see one re the lens issue ( maybe it's still uploading?)

OK, in that case narrow it down and try swapping the camera body out to different Inspires.
If it is one particular x5 body that is giving the issue you can try updating the firmware once more.
I can't see any video on your YT channel. There are 32 on your uploads but I can't see one re the lens issue ( maybe it's still uploading?)
Here is the link to the you tube channel video. I will try doing another firmware update as well as your recommendations.

Thanks Ralph

I noticed one more thing. Maybe you can elaborate on this. When in Auto mode adjusting the ISO does not change the brightness of the image. Just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks

Mine was doing this before the last upgrade. During a chat withDJI I was informed the RC was not connecting with the inspire. For what it is worth they know about it.

Sent from where the wild things were using Tapatalk

Yes I actually had that thought. I did that very thing maybe 4 times with no change. I have 6 of these in total and this is my only buggy one. RMA has been issued for DOA new x5 is on the way. Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz