Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI X5 Camera and Gimbal

It's one thing for DJI to copy a GoPro and come up with something that's almost as good. It's a whole different game to take on Sony, Panasonic, Black Magic, Red or any of the others. And almost all of those guys are creating drone compatible versions of their cameras.

If DJI was really that committed to imaging quality, they would have fixed all the remaining imaging issues in the P3 and Inspire. Even though my P3P is more stable, I still shoot with the P2/H4B simply because it produces better color, latitude and clarity.

If you read carefully Frank Wang's interview in Forbes, made earlier during this year, you will se they are not in a fight copy-paste war with GoPro.
Actually they tried to work together, but it didn't work out.
Also they use the same lens sensor manufacteurer, but in the previous years the best sensors went to GoPro first, as they were the bigger player.
Years passed, and the game changed with the Inspire, as the better sensor was purchased first by DJI.
And according to specs and practice, DJI X3 is better than Hero 4 Black, at least on majority tests made so far.

Last but not least, to declare as a proffesional that P2/H4B delivers greater results than Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 it looks like a very subjective decisions, as it is not supported by facts.
And according to the specs of the new GoPro Session, the response of GoPro to DJI will not come very soon.
Just look for example at 3DR.
1000 dollars for an aerial platform without camera and gimbal ? If you add the Hero4 plus 3DR gimbal you'll go very close to 2000.
A Phantom 3 is much less, with superior results, so even when we're not talking about Inspire possibilities DJI wins this round.
Don't understand me wrong, I have different GoPro products and competition in this field will only make it better for us, the users, but for the moment DJI plays this game smarter and better. As they slowly, month by month, provide the entire solutions desired by videography/photography community.
You need a good gimbal for your GoPro ? You need to search for Feiyu, Nebula etc.
DJI has Ronin and Ronin M, and they are about the realese a follow/focus mode later this year. Not to mention the X3 stabilised gimbal mount, due to be released in the next quarter.
Hopefully GoPro will catch up with their new products, as for the moment they a little left behind.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
really eager and VERY interested about specs and price... i'd get it i think... question is if its zoomable and if it will have its own remote if yes...

It's not speculation anymore, DJI just made the official move, posting the countdown timer on their website. Looks like a LUMIX / LEICA lens to me, and considering how carefully DJI chosed its external manufactureurs for its accesories ( take as example the DJI Phantom backpack made by Manfrotto or the official DJI RONIN case made by HPRC) I am quite sure we will be offered a premium micro fourth lens.
In around 9 hours we'll know,hope they will not attach a new Inspire to this new lens, at least not right now, I'm just recovering after purchasing RONIN - M :)

I am quite sure I saw a price tag of $2200 for the R.

$2200.00 USD X5 kit excluding mount bracket($99.00)

This is probably not the actual price but, projected 8800 euros =$9460.33 USD X5R Not sure on kit form yet.

Just by doing the math as described in videos..

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103