Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI Vimeo Sample Footage

Could someone with a Vimeo PRO account download the original files please (Ian?) and put them in a Dropbox I can access? I have a giant wall-=sized Sony ULTRA-HD 4K TV that 4K artifacts can run from but cannot hide.

I'd be happy to analyze the footage as I did with the original X3 footage and provide analysis here. I just couldn't be bothered updating my Vimeo account to PRO. I let it lapse as they ignored my calls to support 4K.

damoncooper i don't have a pro account (I have a plus) and could download the original file. My dropbox is almost full but i think i can upload it to wetransfer.

Are you talking about this video, right?

Its about 1.7 GB..

damoncooper i don't have a pro account (I have a plus) and could download the original file. My dropbox is almost full but i think i can upload it to wetransfer.

Are you talking about this video, right?

Its about 1.7 GB..

Uploaded to wetransfer, in case someone wants to download:

413728359.mp4

I haven't seen the X5 or X5R. My take on it is the sensor size is substantially bigger than the X3. That has to give higher quality. It's 16 megapixels, up from 12. That makes the pixel pitch much greater. That should make the low light capability much better. The thing that makes me throw my hands in the air is the fact that the majority of what we produce is viewed on a phone or a tablet. Laptops are now considered a big screen. So surely the X5 would produce enough quality to satisfy what they are going to be viewed with. Personally,I do make quite large prints. So far, I have managed to make a very good quality print 30 x 60 inches from the Inspire 1 so I am pretty confident that the X5 will be even better.

Some of the clips that are supposed to be from X5R are too compressed as well.
Even though the file downloaded from Vimeo is better quality, you cannot possibly judge the X5R from it because that file is still compressed. If the footage was taken in Raw DNG mode, then the true original file is extremely unlikely (read nigh on impossible) to have such compression issues simply because the files straight out of the camera are not compressed using lossy compression.

The X5R picture quality cannot be judged at all until such time that someone uploads the original Cinema DNG files for us to play with.

All DJI needs to do is bump up the bit rate, color space and better the log dynamic range of its footage. I'm hoping this can be fixed via firmware. If not I can see people jumping over to the blackmagic micro camera when it gets released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz