Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA DJI NFZ - new block experienced

Fascinating- thank you for posting your experience. Especially interesting about the GO 4 app workflow.

Fascinating- thank you for posting your experience. Especially interesting about the GO 4 app workflow.
Little more detail on App:
Within the NLD PC App, you select the DJI Go4 App version from a drop down list. It takes the DJI app (downloads) that you've selected and applies the app patch to produce the NLD GoApp... and that process requires a "activated" NLD PC Console. That makes a Android APK app that you install and run on Android tablet... a full featured Go4 App in version you desire with the blocks & tweaks.

Incidentally... NLD is close to releasing a M600Pro version and possibly a M210.
The M600Pro would be another welcome platform.

The M2 Series is a FW challenge, and they've taken another direction. Providing a new Main Board to swap, that is fully Unlocked.
Waiting patiently for the M200 NLD release....

Well... quick follow up on flights.
26-30F today, fresh snow with another 8-10" forecasted for tomorrow PM.

I got downtown to construction site. No warnings, no blocks! I did receive an older style DJI warning about assuming responsibility on restricted zones that simply needed a "OK" selected.

Took I2 w X4S payload up and flew free hand for 10 min around the site... to see how response behaved, watching for blips or oddities. All clean as normal.

Landed, swapped fresh pair batteries, and loaded up a Maps Made Easy double grid map flight. Flew with no oddities. Returned, swapped freah pair, swapped payload to X5S and flew a Litchi 4K video loop of site.

Both MME and Litchi were previously created missions and both installed & ran same as previous with no issues.

I used the Go4 App on free flight, MME and Litchi Apps. All most current iOS versions.

Other than not being blocked, all apps flew normal and no oddities in flight or on screen.

Incidentally... NLD is close to releasing a M600Pro version and possibly a M210.
The M600Pro would be another welcome platform.

The M2 Series is a FW challenge, and they've taken another direction. Providing a new Main Board to swap, that is fully Unlocked.
Let me clarify that... the main board is a OEM DJI M2 main board that they modify the on-board FW directly. They have offered to modify Owner Main Boards and Return... although they recommend purchasing a new board... so you can swap in, then later Out if sending in for any repairs... otherwise DJI will reflash board to OEM. They have a main board for M2P/Z and different one for M2E... but not compatible with M2EDual.

While many users have suggested hacks and other aircraft. The NFZ system can be managed within the DJI constraints. If your still having difficulties reach out to me by email at [email protected] and I can instruct you on how to manage the workflow of the DJI fly safe system or I can introduce you to a partner company that can manage it for you.

While many users have suggested hacks and other aircraft. The NFZ system can be managed within the DJI constraints. If your still having difficulties reach out to me by email at [email protected] and I can instruct you on how to manage the workflow of the DJI fly safe system or I can introduce you to a partner company that can manage it for you.
Curious, do you have a path different than outlined by DJI? I'll drop a email to learn more.

In this situation, not sure that would change... Current situation is an old closed Jail that prevents flight. Those normally aren't able to get unlocked without approval by Law Enforcement authorization.

The Jail was closed 4 years ago, and after communicating with DJI, they are planning to remove, but openly stated would take about 6-12 months to reflect the change.

In the meantime, I could continue to request unlocks, and they would approve now that the area is "noted" as being updated; nice but frustrating and an added process when the "cause" isn't present... and in past could be self unlocked. I don't mind the DJI blocks were you can self acknowledge & approve to clear... but needing to pre-approve and for a range of dates is a bit over controlling for their legal safety.

I have experienced similar issues with aerodromes in BC Canada. Some are merely ‘registered’, not ‘certified’, which means so long as you have basic license fron Transport Canada, you good to fly. I have advanced license and Transport Canada approval to fly the sites. I got around by including copies of my RPAS advance license, drone registration, TC approvals, and when completing the DJI online request form I do for the entire year. So far, they have approved. I still need to go in and select the site specific unlock code and accept responsibility at site but at least the bigger hassle is done with until next year. Painful dealing with DJI about this stuff, they seem to err on the extreme cautious side with a CYA approach.
I had the same issue with a registered aerodrome just outside of my town. I submitted the same information as you and they still rejected. I submitted for 3 aerodromes at the same time so that could possibly be why they rejected my application, however they didn’t state that in their response.

I had the same issue with a registered aerodrome just outside of my town. I submitted the same information as you and they still rejected. I submitted for 3 aerodromes at the same time so that could possibly be why they rejected my application, however they didn’t state that in their response.

the entire process is non-governmental so it is all CYA in my personal opinion. It would be nice if DJI would mirror the actual laws in the regions not just what keeps them out of the headlines. It perpetuates bad information and confusion to those learning. For those of us, that know the rules we have to go around and convince DJI staff that is ok to let us fly. My suggestion if you get rejected is to just reply to the rejection email and ask them for more information or what they actually need, and if it is crazy talk call them out on it. The other day they gave me some crazy statement telling me that on an island in the Caribbean that it was illegal to fly over 400ft. This specific island has given permission to a limited number of people to fly and has no limit on altitude. Thus they are independent of any non-international aviation laws. So I called them out on this statement and asked them to show me where the international law was that restricted drones to 400ft. They then approved my unlock request without an email response. So in conclusion stick to your guns, know when your correct and follow the actual laws. Then convince them to unlock it with actual laws and reasons why you are allowed to fly.

Reactions: PinpointUAVS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz