Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

D-log question

Reaction score
Anyone shooting in D-log? I believe you can now have ISO set to 100? . What LUT in Premiere would be a good starting point when grading?

Would this just pertain to the X5 gimbal or the X4S also? TY in advance
Do not waste your time on D-log with X4S. It has been long established that the D-log when shooting in h.264 has been broken. It is impossible to grade and get good result. You would be much better off shooting in D-Cinelike. It is a nice profile and it works very well in most situations. When shooting under sun set the WB to about 5000K (this can vary based on your ND filters which can introduce color shift) and you should have very workable starting point when editing and grading. It usually needs a bit of S curve and increased saturation to 120% that is if you like your video to pop, and you should be close to satisfactory outcome.

Last edited:
Thank you soo much. I tried to force the D-Log profile with the X4S and had varied results. It became very complicated to color correct and edit and I did not fully understand it. I understand WB and the D-Cinelike color profile. I cannot thank you enough. I use ND filters , yes. Going to shoot now LOL.

Do not waste your time on D-log with X4S. It has been long established that the D-log when shooting in h.264 has been broken. It is impossible to grade and get good result. You would be much better off shooting in D-Cinelike. It is a nice profile and it works very well in most situations. When shooting under sun set the WB to about 5000K (this can vary based on your ND filters which can introduce color shift) and you should have very workable starting point when editing and grading. It usually needs a bit of S curve and increased saturation to 120% that is if you like your video to pop, and you should be close to satisfactory outcome.
What LUT would you use then with DCinelike ?

What LUT would you use then with DCinelike ?
You do not need any special LUT. D-Cinelike is not as flat as D-log and only needs a bit of color and tonal adjustment. Just use your eyes and play with curves and saturation in post. Maybe pull down a highlights and bring up shadows a bit if you feel it helps. All basic things, not any different to when editing photos in LR ot Photoshop.

What about the style settings in the DJI app? depends on the situation? Or should it always be the same for the X4S and Dcinelike. Last thread post, promise ?

What about the style settings in the DJI app? depends on the situation? Or should it always be the same for the X4S and Dcinelike. Last thread post, promise ?
Style Custom and just increase saturation to +1. Remember that you want to get as close as possible to the final look while shooting. In general h.264 does not take agressive grading well. Ideally you would want to make as little adjustments/grading in post as possible, unless you want to achieve some special effect look.

Last edited:
Reactions: skydancz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz