Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Comparison Video that makes the X5 look good?

Burlingtonfilms,
Again it appears that we are in the same boat together again. Another very satisfied customer, but not a piece of sample footage in sight. Man this just shouldn't be that hard!

Let's keep the faith. That said I'm not laying out a penny to I see footage that backs these enthusiastic claims.

Fingers still crossed,,

Thanks for your reply and that's awesome that you have both cameras. Any chance you can post a short comparison between the 2? Every comparison Ive seen between the X3/X5 look the same or the X5 is slighty worse. And the comparisons with the GH4 show it to have much better IQ.

Some people with both cameras keep saying the X5 has way better image quality but never post a short test proving so.

People have different opinions of what is better image quality, out of the box the x3 is very sharp, and to a lot of people that means better, beacuse it has more impact. the weaknesses are, compression in detailed shots, the jumpy frames which I see over water, and dynamic range isnt great. The x5 compression is much much better, as I say its not quite as good at the GH4, but thats probably just the bit rate, no jumpy frames at all over water, and dynamic range is noticeable better. I have shot for 2 clients in the last 2 days using just the x5 and they were very happy even though its been ultra dull light. So I cant post this stuff yet (only time ive been able to really use the camera). I will try to do a comparison in similar light by setting up waypoints, and test it with both cameras, but UK weather is a joke at the moment.

People have different opinions of what is better image quality, out of the box the x3 is very sharp, and to a lot of people that means better, beacuse it has more impact. the weaknesses are, compression in detailed shots, the jumpy frames which I see over water, and dynamic range isnt great. The x5 compression is much much better, as I say its not quite as good at the GH4, but thats probably just the bit rate, no jumpy frames at all over water, and dynamic range is noticeable better. I have shot for 2 clients in the last 2 days using just the x5 and they were very happy even though its been ultra dull light. So I cant post this stuff yet (only time ive been able to really use the camera). I will try to do a comparison in similar light by setting up waypoints, and test it with both cameras, but UK weather is a joke at the moment.
Thanks for this. It is helpful. I very much hope to see some video if you can find the time. It's amazing to me that the burden has to fall on an end user like yourself to actually show this camera off and, if it is even remotely GH4-like I will be thrilled!. Regarding UK weather, it's pretty dismal here in Upstate New York and it's not going to get even close to better any time soon! I will stay tuned for your samples.

Fly Safe!
r

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz