Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Commercial Drone Pilot / Operations Manager for Water Utility in Pennsylvania.

Reaction score
Hello all! I am a Operations Manager / Commercial Drone Pilot for a water utility company in Pennsylvania. I have a question I am sure somebody will have an answer for! Is it possible to allow the second remote control to control the gimbal with the H20T payload while a second pilot flies the M300? (Just gimbal controls for second controller)? Thanks!

Reactions: GFields
Yes. Just make sure they are the same controller meaning, 2 RC Plus controllers or 2 Smart Controller Enterprise controllers.

Yes. Just make sure they are the same controller meaning, 2 RC Plus controllers or 2 Smart Controller Enterprise controllers.
I will have to look at them again! Every time I give control to the other controller (Controller B ) both are RC Plus; I have to take control of the gimbal because the other wont control just the gimbal? This became an issue a couple of months ago when myself and another Pilot acting as an observer flew a mission over a river with a chemical spill. There were many trees etc.. and it would have been nice if one could have flown the aircraft (M300 RTK) using the H20T camera while the second pilot worked the camera.

Thanks for your response.

I will have to look at them again! Every time I give control to the other controller (Controller B ) both are RC Plus; I have to take control of the gimbal because the other wont control just the gimbal? This became an issue a couple of months ago when myself and another Pilot acting as an observer flew a mission over a river with a chemical spill. There were many trees etc.. and it would have been nice if one could have flown the aircraft (M300 RTK) using the H20T camera while the second pilot worked the camera.

Thanks for your response.
After taking a close look at the instructions in the manual, it looks like after linking both controllers, one flies the drone (green flashing) and the other controller flashes white and does nothing. The 2nd operator can touch the camera icon on the upper right of the screen and then control just the gimbal camera while the 1st operator concentrates on flying the aircraft and doesn't have access to the camera.
Is this what you are trying to do?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103