Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Calibration of manual focus Olympus lenses

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me but i have searched the different threads on calibration, and one thing that is not clear is if calibration is purely to use the manual focus (on a dual manual focus / auto focus lens).

I am using 12mm and 17mm Olympus on the X5 and want to use for mapping in manual mode only (50m plus height) with focus on infinity. If i work these lenses wholly in manual focus mode only (via manu ring on lens) do i still need to focus these lenses?

Yes the calibration is for MF mode only, and simply calibrates the infinity point, so you need to do the calibration on each device (tablet) you will be using with the drone.

Reactions: Bigdz
and simply calibrates the infinity point
So if i focus to infinity on the actual lens itself and do not use the Go app for any focussing I still need to do this? As it sounds as though its to do with the manual focus using the slider in the Go app as opposed to physically turning the focus ring on the lens ?

Hi Bluelight,

I know this post was a good while back but did you get any further with your 12mm focus? Just looking at ours, we have set manual focus on outer ring and wondering if we actually need to go through the full cal? Doesn't seem to be any decent info on the 12mm... its all about the standard DJI 15mm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens