Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK BSI and UAS - have your say

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Seems BSI want their slice of the UAS regulation fest now... more money, more red tape, more useless letters to add to letterheads and invoices (can you tell which way my comments went :D ) .

Qualification and approval of UAS operatives - Qualification and approval of UAS operatives

Scope

The development of a national standard which focuses on the training of operatives employed in civilian industries which utilise Unmanned Aircraft Systems (typically UAS pilots) with the objective of codifying levels of training and credentials for workers and service providers offering such training.

They're running a consultation to see if they can start feeding at the trough - time until 10th August to tell them what you think, and please do (for good or bad)!

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/9017-00631

I've had my say... yes, you do need to register, but it isn't hard (unfortunately, they have so little regard for creative industries that we don't feature in their drop down list of industry sectors... but pick one anyway ;) )

Yup, there are plenty of other industry bodies already doing qualifications needed for working around construction, offshore etc, and the CAA and their NQE's are generaly doing an OK job with their training. I don't think we really need another quango to muddy the waters and add confusion and cost for SME's and their customers, not to mention the cost of buying latest copies of the 'Standards' every time they make a change! Same with IEE and all the other quangos and "chartered" membership cliques... Please do let them know your thoughts.... (good or bad ;) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronedoctor