Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Bit of new X5R footage

Actually interesting to see what can be done.. Thanks!
Although the sky does look like the aftermath of a nearby atomic bomb..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate dumb camera tests by nobodies uploaded to YouTube. They offer no value to anyone and just serve to fuel the speculation fire.
Looking forward to seeing what Philip Lima, Martin Schumacher or fstoppers put out. Until then, not really going to form an opinion either way.

I hate dumb camera tests by nobodies uploaded to YouTube. They offer no value to anyone and just serve to fuel the speculation fire.
Looking forward to seeing what Philip Lima, Martin Schumacher or fstoppers put out. Until then, not really going to form an opinion either way.
Humm i'm with you but another way i'm not. Cuz ive seen pros color grade Canon T2i footage and made it look like it was shot with a Red One. But i said "Pro Technicolor Colorists" normal people like us will never achieve such greatness without years of hands on experience. Just saying i dont mind if noobs do it cuz it shows anyone can do it or "try" And dont forget color grading is all about what YOU like its how you express your art same goes for art painters and colours. As long the exposure is right the contrast is good you can still see a bit of details in the shadows and its sharp, the color grading is just the cherry on top.

Oh and i just watched the video... And the guy knows what hes doing, multiple layers cant say hes a noob at all. But he did oversaturate the sky a bit.

Humm i'm with you but another way i'm not. Cuz ive seen pros color grade Canon T2i footage and made it look like it was shot with a Red One. But i said "Pro Technicolor Colorists" normal people like us will never achieve such greatness without years of hands on experience. Just saying i dont mind if noobs do it cuz it shows anyone can do it or "try" And dont forget color grading is all about what YOU like its how you express your art same goes for art painters and colours. As long the exposure is right the contrast is good you can still see a bit of details in the shadows and its sharp, the color grading is just the cherry on top.
Maybe on YouTube the Rebel footage looked like a Red One... That's mainly the point - on YouTube at 1080p that footage could be shot with an X5, an X3, or some other camera for all we know, the quality is so bad nobody really can tell. Regarding the grading, yeah the style is the style I'm not really judging how it's done, just that that exact video isn't doing the X5R any justice at all, in fact it will probably serve to deter people from buying it.

Maybe on YouTube the Rebel footage looked like a Red One... That's mainly the point - on YouTube at 1080p that footage could be shot with an X5, an X3, or some other camera for all we know, the quality is so bad nobody really can tell. Regarding the grading, yeah the style is the style I'm not really judging how it's done, just that that exact video isn't doing the X5R any justice at all, in fact it will probably serve to deter people from buying it.
I just remembered the movie its Black Swan was shot with Super 16 Arri and 7D. And it matches perfectly... Just to say how pros can pull stuff we can only wish for.

Maybe on YouTube the Rebel footage looked like a Red One... That's mainly the point - on YouTube at 1080p that footage could be shot with an X5, an X3.......

Or a potato!
PooTube compresses the hell out of everything and is impossible to judge the quality of any camera.
This user hasn't even posted it on Vimeo which while still bad is a platform that is taken more seriously in the world of videography.
PooTube is for nothing more than people using their phones to video their cats coughing up furballs or granny slipping over!

I just remembered the movie its Black Swan was shot with Super 16 Arri and 7D. And it matches perfectly... Just to say how pros can pull stuff we can only wish for.
Exactly, so why buy an X5R when a story can be told just as well with an X5? or an X3? or a potato?
Haha

Reactions: Predator
I don't think this is X5R, I looked on his page and there is another 'X5R' video too, they just look too much like Ambarella A9 stuff to me.
I'm calling BS.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz