Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Best Matrice setup - guidance and battery and x3

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks in advance for the advice.
I'm just about to put together a Matrice and was after the best placement of the two battery compartments, the guidance and the x3 all together. I'm a little unsure of the most appropriate setup for weight distribution and the sensor placements.
Thankyou

Hi all. Thanks in advance for the advice.
I'm just about to put together a Matrice and was after the best placement of the two battery compartments, the guidance and the x3 all together. I'm a little unsure of the most appropriate setup for weight distribution and the sensor placements.
Thankyou

Bill,
I think the best placement is one battery on top, one battery underneath. The guidance computer and the forward looking sensors are mounted on top of the battery compartment with the additional sensors mounted underneath of the second battery compartment. I can send you pics if you would like.

tb

Reactions: Bill Johnson
Bill,
I think the best placement is one battery on top, one battery underneath. The guidance computer and the forward looking sensors are mounted on top of the battery compartment with the additional sensors mounted underneath of the second battery compartment. I can send you pics if you would like.

tb

Thanks very much Todd, photos would be great.

Bill

Thanks very much Todd, photos would be great.

Bill

Bill,

Attached two pics. Yes, you will need an additional expansion bay for underneath the lower battery compartment. You will also need the long v-cable to contact to the guidance computer on the topside. I attached the GPS to the top of the upper expansion bay. I am going to mount the manifold computer in there as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpg
    IMG_4046.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: erikgraham
Me again with one last question - Are you using two or three expansion bays? It looks like one on each of the batteries only.

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

tb

HELLO GENTLEMEN, SOMEONE REALLY KNOWS HOW LONG FLYING WITH CAMERA AND DOUBLE BATTERY X3 4500 THANKS

HELLO GENTLEMEN, SOMEONE REALLY KNOWS HOW LONG FLYING WITH CAMERA AND DOUBLE BATTERY X3 4500 THANKS

Hi there
I have two tb47 (4500) batteries with the X3 and the guidance setup and manage to get about 20 mins. They advertise the flight time to be 35mins on two of the tb48 (5700) batteries but I do t have any of these yet. Hope this helps.

Bill

This has to be a MAXED out payload? Can anyone with this setup speak to the performance in the air with this much weight?

Hi

This is my setup from the start so I can't comment on the performance otherwise, but I don't have any concerns. Doesn't appear sluggish or struggling with the weight. Hope this helps.

Nice! Thanks for replying Bill, are you running that with one extra battery holder and one expansion for guidance?

Also, any issue with the X3 and the landing gear getting in the field of view?

Last edited:
Reactions: erikgraham
I have the X5 mounting plate on mine with a Z3 camera so I cannot mount the 2nd battery on the bottom. RIght now I have both batteries on top and they are a little staggered. It flies ok but seems a little top heavy. I ordered another XT60 wire extender so today I will mount both batteries on top but both will be flat, not stacked.

The 2nd battery adds a lot of weight so the flight time is impacted. If I go straight up and hover in place I can get around 35 minutes. If I am flying constantly it ranges from 18-28 minutes.

I also have a Flir Vue Pro and a USB battery pack that I mount on occasion in addition to the Z3 camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz