Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Anyone tried the olympus 9-18mm lens yet?

Reaction score
Website
www.visualair.co.uk
Its a lens I had totally forgotten about!, I used to have one years ago, but moved to the 7-14mm Panasonic. In terms of size and weight I would imagine it would be within balancing specs of the X5 and a few extra mm on the wide really makes all the difference.

Be interested in any thoughts on this as when I try the x3 camera again, the wider focal length is actually quite useful at times. The only wide prime is the Samyang 7.5mm and even though that balances very well, its a fisheye lens.

Thanks
Sam

i have one and tried mounting it....at 9mm the lens has to be fully extended...it makes it so unbalanced there is no way to ever use this lens

Thanks for your reply on this, I dont remember it extending out so far, but then it was a while ago, but that is such a shame as 9mm would have been fantastic to play around with, I just wish more wide primes were available, seems really odd there isn't.

In theory something like this should work...

Samyang 7601 7.5mm FISHEYE F3.5 M4/3 Silver MFT - Samyang from Tnp Broadcast UK

I think as long as it weights less somewhere between 120-190, you have a decent change of making it work, either by default, or with some counter aids, for me its too much money to screw around with, I'll stick with the officially supported stuff as unless you have an X5R I would not want to divide 60MBPS by anymore FOV than I have to.

Reactions: Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz