Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Antenna Booster for RC Plus

Reaction score
We operate in steep mountainous terrain with heavy foilage and need an antenna booster 6 months out of the year (summer) when the leaves are on. I was looking at the ALIENTECH DUO II 2.4G/5.8G Dual-band Signal Booster Antenna Range Extender and wondered if anyone had used one on the RC Plus (30T) and their results. Also, are there better ones than Alientech? Thank you for your help.

I use and alientech DUO 3 on my DJI M30 and M30T. It is a directional antenna. It doesn't need to be pointed exactly at the drone. There is some forgiveness. Range wise, I get 4 mile range at 400-600 ft agl with the alientech and 3 miles at 600ft agl max with stock antennas. I have to fly much higher to maintain a connection between the drone with the standard antennas compared to the alientech antenna. The alientech antenna allows me to fly about 200 ft lower at all distances compared to the standard antennas. This tells me it has better signal penetration through trees and stuff.

The alientech puts out 2.4 watts of power and has a 3000mah battery. It lasts a while. I read an article on mavic pilots about a 10 watt version of the alientech antenna with a much larger battery. Here is the mavic Pilot's Post TITLE:

10 Watt Bi Di Amplified antenna by ACASOM ROC-4 (40dbm), an ALTERNATIVE to Alientech's 2.5 watt Bi Di Antenna (28dbm). Specs Posted. Comments?​

LINK: 10 Watt Bi Di Amplified antenna by ACASOM ROC-4 (40dbm), an ALTERNATIVE to Alientech's 2.5 watt Bi Di Antenna (28dbm). Specs Posted. Comments?

I think the ACASOM ROC-4 is sold on Aliexpress. It's less expensive (slightly) than the alientch duo 3.

P.S. After using Alientechs Duo 3, I can't stand using the RC PLUS transmitter with the standard 2 antenna OEM setup. ALSO, alientech sells a simple inexpensive adapter to attach their antenna to the RC PLUS. You don't have to take anything apart. No worries about warranty violations.

I AM RESPONDING TO MY OWN POST #2 ABOVE.

ASOCOM 10W ROC-4 IS NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I GOT ONE AND TESTED IT AGAINST MY ALIENTECH DUO 3.

I RETURNED THE ASOCOM. IT'S BULKY, HEAVY AND DOES NOT TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE AS WELL AS ALIENTECH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSmith1227