Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Airspace question

Where did you find the kml? When I uploaded the image to Google earth, it overlayed the actual sectional and cannot see the aerial image under.

I found the kml online after searching for such. There are others in addition to that one.

Yes, Google earth uses layers. If you open a raster (image) layer, it will cover anything that is under it. You can rearrange layers any way you like. If you look back at my previous post you will see a screen grab with airport airspace borders overlaid on satellite imagery. What I did was turn on the raster sectional layer, trace the airspace with drawing tools in Google Earth and then turn off the raster layer.

If you look at the top left in that screengrab, you will see that I also have UAS Facility Map grids in Google Earth as well that I can toggle on and off ! ;)

I found the kml online after searching for such. There are others in addition to that one.

Yes, Google earth uses layers. If you open a raster (image) layer, it will cover anything that is under it. You can rearrange layers any way you like. If you look back at my previous post you will see a screen grab with airport airspace borders overlaid on satellite imagery. What I did was turn on the raster sectional layer, trace the airspace with drawing tools in Google Earth and then turn off the raster layer.

If you look at the top left in that screengrab, you will see that I also have UAS Facility Map grids in Google Earth as well that I can toggle on and off ! ;)
Here's the FAM kml layer
Dataset | Federal Aviation Administration - Unmanned Aircraft System

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz