Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

45mm / Gimbal settings ?

Awesome let me know what you find regarding the slight shake in the camera and if it is still present.
For the 12mm I've got the lens at 130g then a Tiffen UV filter for lens protection primarily(and of course weight)@13g, than the vented hood@12g for a total of 155g which is the sweet spot for that lens. With this set up it leaves you prepared for many other filters as you just trade out the uv for what ever you need for the conditions. If you want a filter that will work in the majority of lighting situations grab the Sigma circular polarized nd type filter which just happens to be 13g.

Tip for UK users, put x2 £1 coins and a 20 pence piece on (weight about 23-25g) the 45mm for a quick and dirty fix of getting rid of the micro vibrations.
Its not perfect, but MANY times better than running it without. Ideally someone has a proper solution/ring but this is a quick and dirty solution if you want to gt video.

I was quite amazed how big a zoom it is, its massive. I was 200 meters away from a subject the other day and I had to fly back further to get it all in view.
This lens has its uses, would make an awesome mid air security camera for anyone in security.

With a <plastic> hood and Hoya UV filter (or ND) it balances perfectly (inc. horizontal) without adding to the overall value of the kit.

With a <plastic> hood and Hoya UV filter (or ND) it balances perfectly (inc. horizontal) without adding to the overall value of the kit.
Cool, can you link me to the EXACT items so I can order them please. Thanks

Tip for UK users, put x2 £1 coins and a 20 pence piece on (weight about 23-25g) the 45mm for a quick and dirty fix of getting rid of the micro vibrations.
Its not perfect, but MANY times better than running it without. Ideally someone has a proper solution/ring but this is a quick and dirty solution if you want to gt video.

I was quite amazed how big a zoom it is, its massive. I was 200 meters away from a subject the other day and I had to fly back further to get it all in view.
This lens has its uses, would make an awesome mid air security camera for anyone in security.
Where do you put the coins on and how?

What about gimbal auto calibration via the Go App ? Is it necessary to do an gimbal Auto calibration every time I change the lens on the X5 (for example from Olympus 12mm to Olympus 45mm) ? What is your experience ? Does it help to get rid of the 45mm shaking video ? Does gimbal calibration only calibrate the horizon or PID Parameters too ?

I don't have any micro vibrations on my 45mm when it isn't dealing with wind. I just want to add that as I think if people are experiencing general vibrations on the 45mm, there might be something wrong with the gimbal or the tuning. Otherwise, I think the 45mm focal length is just to be difficult to work with when you are wind is hitting the camera from the front or sides.

Reactions: Paul Galvez
Hey Guys, I also have my 45 mm with shaking / jello effect. Has anyone that have had this issues and have resolve it have a definite answer?! I would really appreciated. Thanks

Hey Guys, I also have my 45 mm with shaking / jello effect. Has anyone that have had this issues and have resolve it have a definite answer?! I would really appreciated. Thanks

I had the same issue on my Inspire 1 when using the 45mm, then I found out I had to update the lens from 1.1 to 1.2. The new firmware helped:
  • Stability of lens aperture when shooting videos has been improved.

Here is the link to the FW:
OLYMPUS Lenses firm update for Panasonic camera body

In order to do the fw update, you'll need an Olympus or Panasonic body. Make sure to balance the lens correctly, it was a real PITA when I did it. but was worth it...Good luck!

I had the same issue on my Inspire 1 when using the 45mm, then I found out I had to update the lens from 1.1 to 1.2. The new firmware helped:
  • Stability of lens aperture when shooting videos has been improved.

Here is the link to the FW:
OLYMPUS Lenses firm update for Panasonic camera body

In order to do the fw update, you'll need an Olympus or Panasonic body. Make sure to balance the lens correctly, it was a real PITA when I did it. but was worth it...Good luck!
Thanks I will try this out, Question, if the lens was bought after 2017, would it ship with the 1.2 firmware?
thanks

So lens had already the 1.2 FW and I am still getting the shaking... I guess we have to live with it. If anyone else has figure it out, please post their solution here.
Thanks

I have the same issue with my X5S using the 45mm lens.

The DJI 15mm lens isn't producing a sharp image, the Olympus 45mm shakes.

It even happens when the drone isn't flying.

Did you find a solution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens