Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5S Video settings

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some settings to get the best looking video footage from the X5S? I dont have the licences so I will be using H264 or H265.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

The basic settings would be ISO 100, f5.6 and set the shutter speed to twice the FPS. Meaning if you are shooting at 4K 30 FPS set the shutter speed to 1/60th of a second. Shooting 60FPS set the shutter speed to 1/120th of a second. You will most likely need ND filter to achieve this combinations. These are just starting points to help find what you like best. I would suggest staying with H264 vs H265 unless your computer and programs natively support H265.

The basic settings would be ISO 100, f5.6 and set the shutter speed to twice the FPS. Meaning if you are shooting at 4K 30 FPS set the shutter speed to 1/60th of a second. Shooting 60FPS set the shutter speed to 1/120th of a second. You will most likely need ND filter to achieve this combinations. These are just starting points to help find what you like best. I would suggest staying with H264 vs H265 unless your computer and programs natively support H265.

Thanks for that, it's good to know that I have my basic settings right. I wonder how many people shoot at 1/50th or 1/60th (1/50th for me as I'm in the UK), I've never liked the judder that you get shooting at 1/24th.

Reactions: marctronixx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham