Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X4S isn't that bad.

Reaction score
Had a job to enter the exposure calibration data into a Sekonic L-478D light meter using their Sekonic Exposure Profile Target II and also their software.

The Nikon D800E (Navy blue curve) and my little Olympus Pen-F (Magenta curve)I bought since I've acquired a stash of the MFT lenses seem to have the smoothest curves and most dynamic range. The old DJI Phantom P4 Standard (Yellow) tracked about the same as the newer X5S camera (Cyan) did and was very odd and distorted (Little more exposure is processed as less at some points on the curve?). The Inspire X4S camera (Green) actually was a smoother curve, although less dynamic range (i.e. A steeper curve.) and is probably much like the P4 Pro camera in character, imho.

The X5S seems to be pulled back from crashing into the pure white and blowing out the image in the curve (Takes a dive around RGB=240 back down to 210). By design?

Camera Exposure Curves.jpg

They all seem to be pretty much spot on at the RGB=118 value, aside from the P4 which shows needing a bit more exposure is it dips there.

Just a FWIW post.

Reactions: TooSlow2Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens