Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

x4S : CPL ND8 - Polar Pro vs Neewer

Reaction score
Hi, I bought both to compare for x4S, Neewer and Polar Pro, Same : ND8 + CPL.
What can you see by ground ?
a°/ PP is more natural color.
b°/ N is more blue/green and color looks like strange.
What do you think ?

Attachments

• COMPARE POLAR PRO vs NEEWER.JPG
    COMPARE POLAR PRO vs NEEWER.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hard to say. The far left tree is soft to me, but it looks much like my X4S does without a filter.

My X4S images at the sides of the frame are soft normally as the optics aren't as good as on the X5S. The way you have put the Polar Pros at the edges might not be a good test if your camera is soft as is mine, and then placing the Neewer in the sharper middle portion. Maybe three images of the same shot, one with each of the two filters, and one without any filter would show better.

Also, to rule out a tilted sensor, try and set up a shot perpendicular to some chain link fence and turn on the focus peaking to high and see if the red edges appear equal on the fence edges on both sides of the frame. If one side is more red, chances are your sensor isn't parallel to the bayonet so any sharpens tests of filters will not be worthwhile. My X5S was bad enough that when I turned the focus wheel in MF, the red would move across the target (fence) indicating it was misaligned from the factory. It should all go red at the same time.

Reactions: imaspireFR
Other things. The size files (shoot from Video export)

Attachments

• DJI_0015-MAP-COMPARE-POLAR-vs-NEEWER-0-BIG.jpg
    DJI_0015-MAP-COMPARE-POLAR-vs-NEEWER-0-BIG.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • Size Compare.JPG
    Size Compare.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The Neewer looks sharper. However, the bush in the foreground looks sharper to me on the right in both photos. Even its lower right corner looks sharper than the upper left of the same bush. That green tree in the background bothers me even being further out as I saw that same green blur with bushes and grass on mine on the left side. Could be you are suffering from the same tilted sensor thing I went through. DJI quality control is sort of, "Eh, it's good 'nuff."

I'd try the test above with the chain link fence and see how your focus peaking differs from the left and right sides. I suspect it does (i.e. A tilted sensor). I took one camera back and exchanged it, and second one (X5S) I did it myself rather than deal with DJI Service as I was beyond the exchange for new one window. Having been a camera and microscope bench tech, my personal tolerance can be a lot tighter than factory passable specs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens