Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK UK CAA PfCO renewal after PfAW expired...

Reaction score
Website
airoscope.com
Hi,
I have a PfAW and it expires in August. I would just like to know if anyone here can tell me what would be involved to renew it after the expiry?

I do mostly video work without aerial footage and I haven't used my drone for any work since I obtained my permission. I only obtained it in case I needed to use my drone.

Am I correct to think that my NQE doesn't expire, only my permission does?

And once my permission has expired, do I still need to keep my flight time logs for when I need to renew? All the flight logs I have so far was for the sole purpose of keeping my flight hours as set out in my OPS manual.

Thank you for any input in advance.

Hi,
I have a PfAW and it expires in August. I would just like to know if anyone here can tell me what would be involved to renew it after the expiry?

I do mostly video work without aerial footage and I haven't used my drone for any work since I obtained my permission. I only obtained it in case I needed to use my drone.

Am I correct to think that my NQE doesn't expire, only my permission does?

And once my permission has expired, do I still need to keep my flight time logs for when I need to renew? All the flight logs I have so far was for the sole purpose of keeping my flight hours as set out in my OPS manual.

Thank you for any input in advance.
UK - For those renewing their PFAW after August 2016

Yes, your qualification is for life (it currently does not need renewal)
Flight logs should be maintained although only the last two months are required.
Ops manual must be updated as per my post linked above.

I learned lesson last year...doing my renewal now at the earliest the CAA accept I.e. 3 months before expiry of existing permission. It will then run on from the natural expiry of your existing PfCO, I'm not risking any gap this year due to long CAA processing queues.

Reactions: Nigpd
Hi guys.

I don't want to start new post. But it is about expired PFAW in UK.
What would be the procedure to renew qualification which has expired last year. So it would be about a year gap when renewing.

Cheers

You can renew.

Update your ops manual to current rules and CAPs get over 2 hours in the past 2 months and submit. Quote your old PFAW reference to the CAA.

Reactions: BlackBee
Thank you.
Yup - what Mark said above.
Your qualification doesn't actually expire, only your current PfCO.
As long as you show cumulative flight hours of two hours within the last two months and your ops manual is up to date (and valid insurance), you're good to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103