Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Teledyne FLIR: VUE TZ20-R Payload for Matrice 200 v2 & M300

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this new payload from FLIR? It is a thermal zoom camera for Matrice.

I work at FLIR and want to see if anyone knows about this and what you might think about it.

Thanks

We just bought one but we have a Matrice 210 V1 and Im worried it won't work.

Has anyone heard of this new payload from FLIR? It is a thermal zoom camera for Matrice.

I work at FLIR and want to see if anyone knows about this and what you might think about it.

Thanks
Hi Kelly,
I’ve heard of it and familiar only through the FLIR website. One of the key things with any new payload is about the compatibility/support with the drone platform (e.g. DJI Matrice 210 and 300) and equally important is the software supporting the application (e.g. mapping, roof inspection, solar farms, etc) with the specific payload and range of payload features). For example DroneDeploy supports the FLIR XT (13mm) and XT2 (13mm), but not any of the other focal lengths like 19mm! Seems trivial, but all of the ground sampling distance calculations and automated flight pattern and time are based on focal length and sensor size to capture the desired level of detail.

It would be a valuable service for FLIR to provide a matrix showing payload support by drone model and payload features supported by various ISV software tools used to enable and even automate data collection: DroneDeploy, Pix4D, DJI Go, Raptor Maps, etc. Seems like a job for the FLIR TZ20-R product manager?

Also, if you are looking for product evaluators, I would be interested if a Matrice 210 RTK v1 is on that compatibility matrix.

Mike Gilley

Last edited:
I see, so you mentioned that you were going to look for temp differences which could indicate potential gas leak is what I understood. Has the H20T worked out for this? Do you mind sharing a little more detail about results? For example, what altitude, what camera settings and what temp differences you have seen. I find what you are doing very interesting. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to detect, but if you have a win, then that's awesome.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103