Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Shutter speed X7 according to manual?

Reaction score
What does DJI mean with this in the instruction manual? Normally you use the 90 degree rule for filming...

"Supported Lenses for the Zenmuse X7
The Zenmuse X7 currently supports the following lenses, and will support additional lenses in the future.

DJI DL-S 16mm F2.8 ND ASPH
DJI DL 24mm F2.8 LS ASPH
DJI DL 35mm F2.8 LS ASPH
DJI DL 50mm F2.8 LS ASPH

For sharp and clear videos, the shutter speed should be no shorter than 1/500s when using a focal length no longer than 35 mm; and a shutter speed no shorter than 1/600s when using a focal length longer than 35 mm."

I think they mean the 180 degree rule and that upto 35mm don’t use a shutter slower than 1/500s ( I interpret shorter to mean a shorter number ie 1/200)

I think it’s a translation issue.

Reactions: Storyworks
I think they mean the 180 degree rule and that upto 35mm don’t use a shutter slower than 1/500s ( I interpret shorter to mean a shorter number ie 1/200)

I think it’s a translation issue.

Thank you, isn't that depending at what FPS you shoot at? If I shoot at 50FPS and use the 180 degree rule dosen't that give me 1/100 s then?

kind regards // Alex

I think this must be related to still photos, not video. Obviously video cameras shoot at a constant shutter speed regardless of their lens focal length.
To have sharp still photos without motion blur then you should use a faster shutter speed.
If you use a fast shutter speed with video you can end up with a stuttery looking video that has the "Saving Private Ryan" look

I think this must be related to still photos, not video. Obviously video cameras shoot at a constant shutter speed regardless of their lens focal length.
To have sharp still photos without motion blur then you should use a faster shutter speed.
If you use a fast shutter speed with video you can end up with a stuttery looking video that has the "Saving Private Ryan" look

Yes, that sounds about right. They must mean that if you fly around a try to shoot stills without stopping the bird before you take the picture. Then a 1/500s makes sens on wide angles. Unless you want the "Saving private ryan" look :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtpelt