Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Sensor error

Reaction score
Website
www.oyibo-vfx.com
After a nice afternoon flying and filming, I came home to clean the I2 (have to travel back to Nigeria tomorrow, with the Mavic Pro) and suddenly got the Sensor Error...
I have check all, including my 45mm lens but the error remains. I have checked my last footage and that was all perfectly normal...
Any ideas???
I'm really not happy because now I have to settle up my wife to have it mailed back etc...
And, for me this is a warranty issue and not a Refresh. The Inspire 2 is perfect (besides the limited range of transmission) and all looks good.
Not so happy right now

b8ed1fe8808ef5b97d9efa54290d800b.png

Yep, there is...

I am assuming you had the camera attached and restarted the aircraft. Have you connected the aircraft to your computer and completed a Refresh Firmware or Restore Factory Defaults using DJI Assistant program yet? You will need the A to A USB cord that came with the Inspire 2 kit.

Edit: The Assistant 2 Program can be found here, DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Hate to say it but we've seen this exact combination of error messages with Camera Sensor and Air Encoder twice before and on both occasions we had to send the aircrafts in to DJI's facility here in CA for warranty replacement.

One thing I would recommend checking are the male and female communication ports where the gimbal mounts between your X4S/X5S and the Gimbal's Vibration Absorbing board to ensure no visible damage to those ports.

The Air Encoder Error was an error message that we saw frequently reported back in February/March and seemed to be a FW related issue that was cured. Once again, the combination of these two errors have not yielded a whole lot of success other than replacement when we've seen them here.

What is the aircraft's performance like when these errors are showing? Or have you not flown the aircraft since the error messages appeared?

Hey

The I2 flies great. I have tried it before I packed it without the gimbal and everything basically worked fine. Have a view with the FPV camera and all controls worked nicely.
I have contacted my dealer because the entire unit is less then 4 weeks in my possession so it is a warrenty issue. The **** thing is always the official ICAO registration which goes by the aircrafts serial number. Which is no problem for the gimbal but if DJI replaces the Inspire, I have to do that again (which cost everytime $150,00).
Lets see what my dealer tells me

Thnx

Are you seeing anything referring to firmware mismatch? I had the same error and it turned out the camera only was missing an update.

That is pretty scary. If it happens just when you are traveling for a big project...
Sure, in theory you could also have a problem with a digital camera, in practice however, I never had any problem with any of my digital cameras...

That is pretty scary. If it happens just when you are traveling for a big project...
Sure, in theory you could also have a problem with a digital camera, in practice however, I never had any problem with any of my digital cameras...

I think that is just something we have to live with

I got a Warning: Camera sensor error and no cam view on my iPad/CS after i did a FW update to V01.01.0300 today
I was on V01.01.0010 and while flying i got the distance fly limit , and a perfectly working X5S.
Anyone experience with a downgrade to V01.01.0200 ?
Tried the X5S on a M210 and it still works (strange artifacts in the cam view on a CS)
Tried a X4S on the i2 and it works perfect...
Suggestions...

b8ed1fe8808ef5b97d9efa54290d800b.png

Yep, there is...
Hello All, I had the same issue today. After spending 8 hours researching, re-loading firmware, unplugging and replugging the gimbal, getting pissed at DJI stupid support recommendations etc etc I can tell you all what fixed my Camera Sensor Error and Air Encoder Error. What fixed it was my index finger. You know how you can drive the camera with one finger on the screen... well I noticed that I could drive up and down but not sideways left or right. So I went to the full up position with my finger on the screen and then full down position, what happned is when I passed 90 degrees full down I got my image back on the screen, the camera stops at about -110 degrees at full down. As soon as the image appeared I could also pan left and right with my finger on the screen. Everything works fine now and all the error messages are gone!

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz