Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

PSA: XT Owners

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Please be advised that unless you own a DJI XTR camera, you do not have Radiometrics functionality. So do not claim the temperature you are reading on your DJI XT Pro App are accurate, as they are far from it.

Unfortunately this goes the same for the XTR owners. You have to have the training and experience to eliminate variable that can/will affect your measurements.

This is from the XT
item2-31658a319692f0b4db1c6be90961ef28.jpg

This is from the XTR (Radiometric Model)
item1-d36f61f2e2f3f87c0c9a885fe3cfeae7.jpg

Ain't you beating this theme to death? Am sure there are many thermographers on this forum, probably a few level 2 and 3s. What a business operator "claims" or not, is his/her responsibility, the market will weed out any ridiculous accuracy claims.

Everone of us Level 1s is well aware of the limitations of the XT and how emissivity, reflectivity, wind, atmospheric temp & humidity, and distance affect readings.

Your AVG. 60C temp means it is approximately AVG. 60C over that whole area. Could it be 55C?, yes, could it be 65C?, yes. ( BTW, notice how close your 40C XTR min.came to the 35C XT. The best temp reading is at the surface or within a foot or two. All a UAS IR sensor can detect at any distance is an approximation of the actual surface temperature.

No offense intended, but let us get real about temp precision at a distance with drones.

I posted this because there are a few forums, not just here, that are confused as to the actual reading they get.

#1 There are L2 and L3 Electrical Thermographers but there are no Level 2 or 3 sUAS Thermographers.
#2 As we spoke before, it is up to you to deliver accurate information. I am merely trying to advise XT owners about this discrepancy before they find themselves is trouble.
#3 This notice is not mine . This came out of FLIR themselves in fact they discovered inaccuarcies on the XT Pro App.

You are free to do what you want but I am trying to help make this industry be more widely accepted and part of that is by having accuracy and integrity in the information you are providing to your customers.

"There are L2 and L3 Electrical Thermographers but there are no Level 2 or 3 sUAS Thermographers."

There is no such thing as "Electrical Thermographers " courses. Just Thermography Certification Training.

Level 2 & 3 are highly technical and these courses will not make you a better UAS pilot, just a better thermographer.

There is nothing magical about a Level 1 sUAS course, but an extra emphasis on the Part 107 stuff.

"You are free to do what you want but I am trying to help make this industry be more widely accepted and part of that is by having accuracy and integrity in the information you are providing to your customers."
We are in agreement. Anyone selling IR inspections without IR training is not providing the best service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103