Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Photo issue in RAW

Reaction score
Searched this problem and can’t find any answer so figured I’d post it here. I have the inspire one pro with the X5 and got it back from DJI about three weeks ago from being repaired from a minor crash.

I’m currently on a job and have developed an issue when shooting in raw. When I review the image I just shot there is a digital scrambled looking bar across the top portion of the picture about a half inch tall. The rest of the picture looks OK but not sure why I’m getting this band at the top. It was shooting fine yesterday on the same job. I tried switching to JPEG mode and now the picture is fine. Switched back to raw and the problem appears again.

I called DJI and all they can do is have me send it in and it’s over there year warranty so it’ll probably cost to replace or repair. This sucks because I just got it back about three weeks ago after a $460 repair bill.

I’m still out on this job and will post a picture of what I’m talking about when I get back to the hotel as I don’t have my laptop with me to convert the raw file.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Could be:
  1. A damaged sensor. If they just repaired the camera, it should be under some sort of warranty. I would push back on DJI on this
  2. A bad SD card. Try a different one.
  3. Bad software. Try copying it to a different computer and looking at it there.

Could be:
  1. A damaged sensor. If they just repaired the camera, it should be under some sort of warranty. I would push back on DJI on this
  2. A bad SD card. Try a different one.
  3. Bad software. Try copying it to a different computer and looking at it there.
The weird part is that it only happens when shooting in raw, jpeg and video is fine.

You mean they have no warranty after they fix something? I'd think they'd have a least a 90 days or something more than just 21 days after they fixed it.

Maybe they thought is hasn't been sent in prior and just quoting their standard one year factory warranty, but they should offer something for what they fixed or didn't fix on service. You may have inherited one of their infamous refurbished sub-outs too. Call back and ask "What is your after service warranty?" and see what they say. If they say "There is no warranty on what we fix" then we know they really do s**k.

The weird part is that it only happens when shooting in raw, jpeg and video is fine.
So it's not the sensor.

How are you looking at the raw images? What steps do you take to get them off the SD card and onto your computer? And what software do you use to look at them?

I’m viewing the images directly from the remote/iPad objected to the inspire. I’m still on location and haven’t downloaded them onto the computer yet.

In that case, it could just be the shitty DJI software. There is a chance that the images will be fine when you pull them off the SD card.

Checked out a couple of raw photos in Lightroom and they appear to be ok. Must be something weird with viewing in app.

I had this once when using the 35-100 LUMIX. The RAW files from this particular lens don't seem to be able to be opened in PS or LR but Rawtherapee gets the job done. Have cleaned contacts with alcohol and no problems now.

Just shot job with my personal Inspire 1 pro and the problem showed up on this one as well. When i import and view the preview of the raw photo I can see the line there but when I import and view in Lightroom the photo is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens