Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice M210 upper shell removal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Do any of you know how to separate the upper shell from the lower ?
Had a hard landing and have dislodged one of the captive nuts that hold the shells together.
I've removed all screws from the shell but not sure if I need to remove gimbal/forward looking sensor frame .....

Any teardown videos would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi guys,

Do any of you know how to separate the upper shell from the lower ?
Had a hard landing and have dislodged one of the captive nuts that hold the shells together.
I've removed all screws from the shell but not sure if I need to remove gimbal/forward looking sensor frame .....

Any teardown videos would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out separating the top shell? I cannot find any information on the trick to get it separated.

I'm actually going to paint the top shell white to keep it cool, but I also hit the leg on a doorway and it popped the screw out that holds the bracket in. so I have ordered a new shell so I can swap it out.

I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out separating the top shell? I cannot find any information on the trick to get it separated.

I'm actually going to paint the top shell white to keep it cool, but I also hit the leg on a doorway and it popped the screw out that holds the bracket in. so I have ordered a new shell so I can swap it out.
Shell is sealed at seam with silicone. Once you pull the halves apart you'll lose waterproofing. That's not a big deal since it's not really well implemented feature of 200 series. However, the gunk is messy and difficult to remove before assembly. Secondly, the top shell contains several pieces of hardware, wired to a bottom part of the body. Unplugging these multi-pin ribbon wires and coax antenna wires is a PITA, believe me! Anyway, here's how to detach top shell of M200:

01_leg clamps.jpg

Actually these clamps aren't screwed into shell wall directly. There's heavy duty metal bracket behind to accept mounting screws.

02_bottom screws.jpg

There's 4 of them ...

03_gimbal socket bracketing.jpg

04_grill.jpg

At this stage venting grill is held by silicone bead only. Now is the tricky part ...

05_pull down.jpg

Set the frame up side down and start pulling the upper shell. This may require some persuasion to break silicone seal and undo snap hooks. Identical pair of hooks is on the back. Top shell should now dangle on wires ... Note: the seam is of tongue and groove type, filled with a thin bead of silicone sealant which must be removed before assembly. I'm not recommending re-sealing with silicone since this will be very messy procedure. If waterproofing is of paramount importance, I'm suggesting electrical tape applied along the seam after assembly.

06_wiring.jpg

GPS and compass connectors can be unplugged relatively easy, but to detach antenna wiring you must remove 4 screws and flip the board ... Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the detailed info on how to break this down. so my problem is that I was walking out the door and one of my legs caught the side of the door and pulled the screw out of the bracket that's behind the shell. I do not know if it just stripped it out but I can't seem to get the screw to screw in tight and hold. I thought about trying to take the shell apart and epoxy and additional nut on the backside of the bracket so the screw would have something to screw into if the bracket itself is stripped out.

Reactions: Dobmatt
Thank you very much for the detailed info on how to break this down. so my problem is that I was walking out the door and one of my legs caught the side of the door and pulled the screw out of the bracket that's behind the shell. I do not know if it just stripped it out but I can't seem to get the screw to screw in tight and hold. I thought about trying to take the shell apart and epoxy and additional nut on the backside of the bracket so the screw would have something to screw into if the bracket itself is stripped out.
Without disassembly it is impossible to determine the extent of damage to a leg holder bracket. You'll see what can be done once you lift the upper shell. If the bracket and leg clamp are structurally sound, I will suggest to tap the stripped M3 hole to a next size (M4).

I inserted a slightly longer M3 and it is holding tight. On a different note, I painted the top half of the m200 white to keep it cool. if I have further problems with the leg brackets, or heat issues, I am going to still have to go ahead and tear it down and see if there is a problem with the fan or check the leg brackets. thanks again for the detailed explanation of the teardown.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz