Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Logbook Recommendation?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
Hey guys. Sick of keeping a hand written logbook. Wondering if anyone has a good recommendation on something digital even if it's only an excel template. As the Goapp does a good job of tracking flight time, location, etc I'm looking to log new gear, battery age, prop replacement, etc.

Let me know.

Fly safe!

rb

You could try healthydrones.com. The paid account let's you define your own log report. It takes, automatically, logs from DJI GO, Autopilot, MapPilot and a few other 3rd party apps. I have it reporting in a CSV file the exact format to correspond with my CAA required pilot and aircraft logs.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

The Space Shuttle programed ceased operation in 2011, we also do not use as many horses in our army as we once did :) Here is another vote for Healthy Drones.
Holy ****, are you sure? That's what I get for living with the Amish - I knew I was missing out. :p

Reactions: lrh111
You could try healthydrones.com. The paid account let's you define your own log report. It takes, automatically, logs from DJI GO, Autopilot, MapPilot and a few other 3rd party apps. I have it reporting in a CSV file the exact format to correspond with my CAA required pilot and aircraft logs.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Fantastic! Have already uploaded flight data and it looks like just what I need. Thanks a million!

Been using a handwritten logbook since 1969; can't seem to get away from it. Something about the satisfaction of logging my flight time manually.
Always reminds me of the story of when the Space race was at its high, NASA spent $2m in R&D to develop a pen that would write upside down, in all sorts of harsh environments, extremes of temperature and zero gravity.
The Russians........used a pencil. :D

Reactions: SanCap
Always reminds me of the story of when the Space race was at its high, NASA spent $2m in R&D to develop a pen that would write upside down, in all sorts of harsh environments, extremes of temperature and zero gravity.
The Russians........used a pencil. :D

Are you sure about that?

Give DroneLogbook.com a spin. It is webased and sync with their mobile apps. You can also upload your flights and track battery cycle, equipment, make checklists and plan missions.

Reactions: RMartin
Noooooo - It MUST be true because my uncle's sisters cousins brothers fiancee told me.
I just like the story. :D

I do too... good story :D
BUT.. I had to call BS to save American Pride... :p

Now back to thread topic... Logbooks... o_O
I use electronic ones... but only to log the basics now...

Looks like I better get serious and start documenting more detailed stuff... :oops:
Price you gotta pay... to get and hold a 107 in the US I guess... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Our UAS program uses ZuluLog. We have multiple airframes and it makes it very easy to file our monthly FAA reports on our COA's

Keeping a paper maintenance logbook is an excellent idea. Per the FAA you have to maintain your sUAS according to the manufacturer right? I use the DJI Inspire v.2 which says I have to do a inspection every 200 hours or 50 flight cycles. The maintenance inspection is on their site. You have to do it and record that you did it along with the total flight hours. Word is, that the FAA is composing a field audit team(s). I don't know if the FAA mandates pilot logbooks but a maintenance logbook is required.

I keep my logs using Excel. I have spreadsheets for the flight, SUAV, maintenance, battery and pilot logs, I've tried the logging systems you can download and in one way or another on all of them, there was something or other missing that I needed. So I bit the bullet and created my own. I've used some formulae to pull out data I need and created report sheets for printing off the data in the format I need. Works pretty good for me.

Give DroneLogbook.com a spin. It is webased and sync with their mobile apps. You can also upload your flights and track battery cycle, equipment, make checklists and plan missions.

We use DroneLogbook as well. Easy to configure, web-based, and good reporting for whomever you need to file your monthly reports with. Tracks pilot logbooks, hours on the airframes and components, maintenance, and a good one-stop source for storing all the records associated with your flight program in case you fall under the interests of a site inspection by your local regulatory agency.

I keep my logs using Excel. I have spreadsheets for the flight, SUAV, maintenance, battery and pilot logs, I've tried the logging systems you can download and in one way or another on all of them, there was something or other missing that I needed. So I bit the bullet and created my own. I've used some formulae to pull out data I need and created report sheets for printing off the data in the format I need. Works pretty good for me.

Definitely the route I'm thinking about as well. Being able to tailor it to exactly how I operate appeals a lot more than web based apps which may or may not be around further down the line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz