Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Landing Gear Won't Pack Up

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I2

- Got error message that landing gear won't pack up yesterday during flight and did a hand catch. (Stuck up)

- Everything is on latest firmware, sounds like the servo is trying to push them down for a moment and then stops, so sounds like motor is still functioning.

- Used a screwdriver on the bottom and ran through the whole motion, all the travel seems smooth and nothing out of ordinary, Still nothing, tried travel mode button tap, nothing.

- Have a bunch of jobs this month and can't send it it to DJI cause i don't know how long it will take to get it back. Local repair facility can't order that part or fix it either.

- Wondering if anyone here has had the same issue, and found any fixes like possible the servo came off track, motor cable came undone... Looks like there is quite a bit of issues on the forums that was solved by FW update around release of the I2, but haven't seen anything regarding hardware issues that didn't involve sending it in...

Thanks
austo

Hey Guys,
I2

- Got error message that landing gear won't pack up yesterday during flight and did a hand catch. (Stuck up)

- Everything is on latest firmware, sounds like the servo is trying to push them down for a moment and then stops, so sounds like motor is still functioning.

- Used a screwdriver on the bottom and ran through the whole motion, all the travel seems smooth and nothing out of ordinary, Still nothing, tried travel mode button tap, nothing.

- Have a bunch of jobs this month and can't send it it to DJI cause i don't know how long it will take to get it back. Local repair facility can't order that part or fix it either.

- Wondering if anyone here has had the same issue, and found any fixes like possible the servo came off track, motor cable came undone... Looks like there is quite a bit of issues on the forums that was solved by FW update around release of the I2, but haven't seen anything regarding hardware issues that didn't involve sending it in...

Thanks
austo

Have you found a fix for this issue?

I haven't yet,
what is interesting is that when twisting the manual drive with a screwdriver while flipping the switch on the RC the legs will then run through the entire motion. - So i know the motors are working!
When the legs are fully raised or lowered there is a "buzzing" which sounds like the motor is still working.
After about 5 seconds it will shut off and then i get the error message in the monitor. I might post a video later.

Sounds like the end stop sensor is broken. The buzzing is it trying to reach its extent and the sensor doesn't register. The motor driver then times out because of over current or decent programming on DJI's part. I'm not sure where the sensors are located, anyone here have any idea what wire harnesses to check?

Man if i could just get in there and change the sensor (Or plug back into its socket) i could be back in business in like an hour.

This is the complete gear motor assembly. Only one wire harness in and out. I believe the limit switches are inside the the black cap on top. Without disassembly of the aircraft you will not be able to access that area and even when you did you might not be able to do anything except to replace the entire assembly.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I would suggest doing a firmware refresh thru the DJI Assistant 2. Probably not the issue but it would not hurt to try.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Do you guys sell the part ?
Inspire 2 Middle Frame (Part 20)
If you are somewhat confident this assembly will fix the issue I'm probably just going to buy this part and do the swap myself .

That is the part and no, we do not sell it. We would not be comfortable telling you that this assembly will fix your issue. Did you try the Firmware refresh we suggested?

Well here is a little update.

The issue was in fact in the motor drive end stop sensor.
I purchased the middle frame (part 19) and did the swap myself.
I was going to send for repair but couldn't wait more than a few days and shipping to and from Hawaii is expensive. Got the part for $210 from Advexure and the swap took about 2 hours being careful.

To do the swap you need a Torx set, Metric Allen set, J1, and J0 Screwdriver. Don't use Philips. Probably about 30-40 screws, and a couple hammer pin retainers.

I replaced the entire middle assembly, including the shaft and all the arm connections which takes quite a while, but you could easily just remove the top shell, and then unscrew the motor and sensor assembly, and swap it out for the new. You would need to remove the main board covers which are one screw on each side.

I would have sent it in for warranty repair but have enough jobs coming up i couldn't afford the downtime. This drone is on all my upcoming permits and insurance and i really didn't want to mess with a refurb and the hell that comes with transferring cine licenses, So $200 was worth it to me.

Hope that helps.

i have the same problem, the landing gear don't rise up and impossible to go back to travel mode.
i send back to dji for repair, they told me they fix it.i receive and after 10 fly again the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz