Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Inspire1 camera help

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently discovered my Inspire1 Pro drone that had gone down in a dense forest more than a year ago.
The X5 camera is useless but the the drone is in good condition after a good clean up.
I don't consider putting the drone (with accumulated batteries, tx's and spares) up for sale right away.
What are my camera choices? like a used X5 or even an X3.
Can there be any other options?
Thanks,
Ahmet
IMG_4496.JPG

I used aZ3 on mine for 18 months until bought a Inspire 2
very good results

IronSky1
is Z3 (you mentioned) the white camera on the first original Inspire before "pro" model?

No it is optional camera with zoom for the Inspire 1
cost around 700-1000 usd

IronSky1
how is the picture quality compared to the original "golf ball"? Is it any better?
By the way what is the original camera called?
Thanks,
Ahmet

Request a camera repair with DJI, Send in whatever you have and prepare to be surprised. I had an X5s that was in pieces With A cracked camera body and it cost $300 to repair. A similar situation X5 that cost $225. It costs nothing to send in and get an estimate and I almost guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised. The worst that could happen is the day can’t be repaired.

DroneTechAerial,
We don't have official DJI in Turkey. I will have to ship it to Shenzhen won't I?
I will have to work on it.

IronSky1,
X3(white ball) was on the 1st released Inspire drone was'nt it? Then they made Inspire1 Pro with X5 (which I have) which was a much better camera and gimbal.
How would you compare those 2 cameras? I will be happy if you can comment.

Thanks,
Ahmet

I had the X5 on mine. Considering what yours has been through, I would spend as little as possible on it. Not many people are buying the Inspire1 anymore with so many new options now available with more flight time. Have you powered it up and checked it all out? I'm curious what a year in the weather has done to it. I would not have bet on it even powering up. I would for sure look for corrosion very thuroughly. Especially electrical connector and pin. Inspect ubder the rubber boot over landing gear lead screw, etc. Does that thing actually power up? Have you flown it yet? That would be amazing if it flew with just a clean up.

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
DroneTechAerial, I think u have to be the original owner? I too have had good experiences with DJI repair with camera repairs in California and now happy to say, good experience with DJI approved repair in Canada for the I1P, although cameras still have to go to California.

I believe DJI has stores and authorized dealers maybe even repair centers in various countries in Europe, I really don't think you have to send it to China. The X3 camera is okay, just okay specially by today's standards, it has a fairly wide field of view and would give you more or less that "drone" look don't think it's any better than a Phantom 4 standard camera in the long run.

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
Hi DeltaDave,
thanks for your constructive and informative comment. I took the (recovered)Inspire1 drone to my (private) dji service. It appeared to have accomodated dirt, weed and 35 spider cocoons (on the inside) over the 14 months it spent in the forest. Upon further inspection all the electronics seemed OK and once cleaned it worked no problems. It took me a couple of days to go thru all bolts, contacts and working parts cleaned. Yesterday I took it out to the field. I calibrated the 4 TB48 batteries the old fashion(charge 100% and then flew until 5%). 80mins flight in total. Everything appeared OK.
I sent the X5 to iFlight (China) hoping to have it repaired at a reasonable cost.
I have 2 C1 TX's, 6 TB48 batteries, ND filters, spare props and a 5"crystalsky waiting to be used.
This drone has served me well since 2015 and was very happy with it. I am going to be very cautious and plan to have it in service for a back up machine if can get the camera working.

Reactions: kevbac
That is amazing. I would have lost a bet on that one. There's so many sensitive electronics. It's not crashed so I'm guessing you took a risk by canceling RTH and found the limit of battery capacity. At least I have done that and it did a rock imitation to the desert floor.

Hi DeltaDave,
thanks for your constructive and informative comment. I took the (recovered)Inspire1 drone to my (private) dji service. It appeared to have accomodated dirt, weed and 35 spider cocoons (on the inside) over the 14 months it spent in the forest. Upon further inspection all the electronics seemed OK and once cleaned it worked no problems. It took me a couple of days to go thru all bolts, contacts and working parts cleaned. Yesterday I took it out to the field. I calibrated the 4 TB48 batteries the old fashion(charge 100% and then flew until 5%). 80mins flight in total. Everything appeared OK.
I sent the X5 to iFlight (China) hoping to have it repaired at a reasonable cost.
I have 2 C1 TX's, 6 TB48 batteries, ND filters, spare props and a 5"crystalsky waiting to be used.
This drone has served me well since 2015 and was very happy with it. I am going to be very cautious and plan to have it in service for a back up machine if can get the camera working.
I can see the spiders parachuting out of the bird on her new maiden flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair